Chapter 10

Katherine couldn't stop thinking about Ethan and what he had said about her. Katherine did not even know who Stella even was and she couldn't stop thinking about Noah's reaction when Ethan mentioned her. Noah looked hurt judging by how his face fell at Stella's name.

After they ate, Noah drove Katherine home in an awkward silence. It was as if neither one of them knew what to say after what had happened with Ethan. He hasn't told you about his first love yet.... did he? Ethan's voice echoed in Katherine's head and she sighed softly as Noah parked his dark red honda pilot.

"So... that was weird." Katherine mumbled, breaking the awkward silence.

"Yeah," Noah mumured with a slow nod.

"What was that about?" Katherine asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Ethan and I had a falling out and he has never gotten over his anger." Noah answered.

"Why is he angry with you?"

"It is kind of a long story."

"I'm sure I can keep up."

"I'm not ready to talk about it." Noah responded.

"It's okay, I understand." Katherine assured him.

"I am so sorry about Ethan." Noah apologized with a loud sigh.

"It's okay." Katherine said with a warm smile and nodded. 

"We should get out before your dad thinks we are making out or something." Noah laughed.

"You're right." Katherine laughed and nodded as Noah quickly unbuckled his seatbelt and got out of the car as Katherine unbuckled her seatbelt and grabbed her black purse. Noah then quickly rushed over to Katherine's side in a way where he was not too quick. Noah was so used to moving at such a fast speed, it was hard to make himself move as a humanly possible.

Noah opened the pasaanger door and helped Katherine carefully get out of the car and they slowly walked to the fromt porch and Katherine stopped to look at Noah.

"I had a good time tonight." Katherine giggled softly and smiled at him. 

"I did too." Noah replied with a warm smile as he stared deeply into her eyes as her lips slowly parted. Her heart was racing and he could hear it as clear as day.

"We should do this again." Katherine said as she took a step closer to him, not breaking eye contact.

"I'd like that." Noah responded in a soft whisper.

"Me too." Katherine whispered softly as the porch light turned on and they both laughed.

"Your dad probably knows we're here." Noah chuckled.

"I'd say so." Katherine laughed as she slowly nodded.

"He cares about you."

"I know," Katherine said and blushed. "He has always been overprotective over me but we only have each other." Katherine finished and let out a soft sigh.

"I get that." Noah whispered and let out a soft chuckle.

"Well, I better go inside otherwise he'll probably get his gun." Katherine joked, laughing more.

"Good idea." Noah laughed. If only he knew the truth. Noah thought to himself. Noah was laughing at the thought of him getting shot at and knowing he could see the bullets coming and move fast enough before he got shot.

"I'll see you later then?" Katherine asked and raised an eyebrow.

"I'll call you tomorrow." Noah answered.

"Cool." Katherine said blushing more as she looked down awkwardly and smiled.

"Well, good night." Noah replied.

"Good night." Katherine said and looked back up at him and smiled more as she stared deeply into his eyes.

They both slowly leaned in closer to each other and they both slowly closed their eyes as Noah lightly touched Katherine's cheek and pulled her in for a kiss and Katherine lifted her arms and wrapped them around his neck as she kissed back.