Chapter 16

It was Saturday, October 25, six days before Halloween and the Halloween dance. Ethan had been nice to Katherine. He wasn't sarcastic towards her. But Ethan had a plan in mind. He wanted Noah to let his guard down and gain his trust. Ethan still wanted revenge for Stella's death and being nice was only the start of it. Ethan and Ashley had become an official couple and Katherine and Noah were alsi an official couple. So far, everything Noah perfect. Almost perfect.

Katherine still wondered about Stella. Noah still wouldn't talk about her and Katherine knew Stella was a touchy subject for Noah but she wanted answers and there was one other person who could answer her.

Katherine and Ashley decided to have a girl's day and drive to West Virginia to look for Halloween costumes for the Halloween dance. Covington did not have a lot of choices like West Virginia did when it came to fun Halloween costumes. It was perfect for Katherine because she was stressed and overwhlemed over Noah and Stella. But she needed to know something and Ethan was the only other person who could answer her questions.

"Hey, Ash," Katherine sighed as Ashley and Katherine were shopping at Wal-Mart. "I am having trouble with something and I need advice, can you help?" Katherine asked as she looked st Ashley as Ashley was looking at the Halloween costumes. "I think I'm going crazy and maybe in the wrong."

"I can try to." Ashley answered as she met Katherine's eyes. "What is it?"

"So..." Katherine started to say. "Noah and I have been dating officially as a couple for a month and he still hasn't brought up Stella and when I try to ask about her, he shuts me down every single time." Katherine explained.

"Even still?"

"Yes."

"Guess she really is a toucy subject." Ashley mumbled and sighed.

"The only other one who can answer my questions is Ethan." Katherine responded.

"I thought Noah had a big sister."

"I haven't met her yet."

"No," Ashley gasped and slowly shook her head as she quickly realized what was happening. "You're not honestly thinking about asking about Stella to Ethan, are you?" Ashley asked as her eyes widened.

"Yes." Katherine sighed in defeat and looked down at the ground.

"Kat, I love you and you know I do but you can't go to Ethan about Stella." Ashley responded.

"But Noah still won't tell me about her." Katherine said as she looked back up at Ashley. "So, I shouldn't ask about Stella to Ethan?"

"Look Kat," Ashley sighed. "You can't pressure him into giving you answers. Clearly Stella is a touchy subject for a reason. She could've cheated or died, I don't know but if you're that unhappy with him then you need to break up with him." Ashley answered and shrugged.

"Are you mad at me?" Katherine asked with a frown.

"No, I'm just worried about you." Ashley answered.