A Strange Visitor

((Y/N)'s POV) age: 6

I was in a bath after a day of stupid chores and deliveries, but my mommy said because today was a hard day, she was going to make my favorite dinner and dessert. That did make me feel better and since the son was down that meant I can just relax and good thing too because my eyes and head kinda felt funny after focusing so much today. My mom can't do this for some reason, but I can see the difference between real and fake stuff, like money some bad people try to trick us with. If I focus really hard, I can sometimes tell if the person is good or bad and she just says something like "Children and animals are the best judges of character and I was the best". When I got out of the bath to dry off and get dressed, I looked in the mirror to brush my hair a little, since my mom always does it when I don't, and she pulls kinda hard sometimes. When I was done, it looked nice.

I got out of the bathroom then went to the living room to play with some toys, but just then my mommy came in holding a bag

I got out of the bathroom then went to the living room to play with some toys, but just then my mommy came in holding a bag. I knew what this meant, but since it was night, there was only one place to go.

(M/N)-Sweetie, while I make dinner, can you take this down the road to Mr. and Mrs. Ko's inn? This bag was hiding behind the potato and rice bags.

(Y/N)-*Sigh* Ok.

(M/N)-They lit the lanterns by the trail, so it should be safe and easy. Just be back soon.

I just went to go get my shoes on before I took the bag and left the house to go down the trail just across our field. I wish our other helpers didn't go home yet, I just wanted to play after another hard day of work in the fall, and winter is almost here. I love winter because the chores get cut in half and the snow is fun to play with. As I was walking and just thinking about how many days until winter comes, I suddenly heard something and when I looked, I saw someone running by, but because of the light, it was harder to see where it was dark again and it was so fast.

(Y/N)'s mind-What was that?

I just walked faster to go deliver this bag and just put it in the box next to the door of the inn to keep it safe from animals. It was a straight walk back up the hill, but I decided to run since what happened earlier creeped me out, but by the time I was almost home where I could see my house...

(M/N)-AAAAHHHHHHH!!!

(Y/N)'s mind-Mommy?

I was tired, but I kept on running and when I got closer to my house, I heard other sounds like metal hitting metal or something like it. I went into my house, but it was not in here, so I went out the backdoor that was open and when I did, I saw my mommy on the ground and her arm was bruised.

(Y/N)-Mom!

I ran to her and she looked scared as she looked at the forest then soon the noises... they stopped. I tried to help her up and get her inside, but it took a bit to get her to snap out of it then just as we slowly reached the back door, I saw someone come out of the bushes and they had a sword and a box on his back.