It's For The Best

(Tanjiro's POV)

I was carried after that meeting with the Hashira about my sister Nezuko being a demon and right now everything hurts from my last fight with lower moon 5. At least I know they won't execute my sister now, but I still worry that since they won't accept her, and one of them might try something to hurt her. I can't be sure of anything, but Nezuko should be fine for now at least. We made it to the Butterfly Mansion a bit ago and I noticed that Zenistu got smaller and Inosuke got quieter since I don't think his throat was the only thing that got crushed on that mountain last night before the Hashira showed up.

Tanjiro's mind-I wonder... That lower 5 demon looked so angry and was cursing his mother and sister, or so he called them. He even threatened to kill them as punishment after he killed me. If only I could know why he smelled so sad in his final moments... Did he want his mother and sister by his side?

All sorts of questions flooded my mind, and it made it hard to relax. Maybe a short walk will calm me down. I got out of bed and left the others to sleep in bed while I went out into the hall when I heard that one Hashira that gave me water at the meeting.

Shinobu-Ok, I want you to follow my finger and try to keep your eyes open. No matter how close I get, I won't poke them.

???-Ok.

Tanjiro's mind-That voice... It can't be.

I knocked on the door a few times then Shinobu answered it, and when I looked past her I could see (Y/N) in the room doing an exam. I thought he was back home with his mother.

 I thought he was back home with his mother

Shinobu-Is everything alright?

She noticed that I was looking at (Y/N) and he looked back at me.

(Y/N)-Tanjiro?

Shinobu-Oh, you two know each other?

(Y/N)-He saved my mom and me from demons back at my house.

Tanjiro-I thought you were back home by now. What happened with Ms. Tamayo?

(Shinobu's POV)

I decided it would be best to let them catch up while I check other patients. I know that Zenitsu is not taking his medicine to regrow his limbs. It was no surprise that he was freaking out about taking his medicine. When I returned to see (Y/N) in bed while talking to Tanjiro still about getting him home. I had to still gather some intel on how he made demons behave the way they did, so I walked up to them which made them stop talking.