24: miles

Minjeong shakes off her nerves. She has to, a championship final is no place to let nerves take over. It isn't her first time, but the feeling is much worse than before.

Maybe it's because she doesn't want to let the team down at this huge moment.

She remembers the last time her lost impacted the team.

In the locker room alone, she paces back and forth, constantly looking at the time. She realized that the natatorium was practically full because of the expectancy people had for these top swimmers.

The sinking feeling comes and goes every other second, that it makes Minjeong want to suddenly run away from the pressure chasing after. It begs from her to confront it once and for all. Really, she can imagine doing anything but placing first and winning.

She doesn't think of it as she's the best swimmer. She thinks of it—how much harder of a worker she is compared to everyone else. There's a driving force that makes want to work ten times harder due to the outcome she receives.

The brunette wants to keep her promise, she wants to keep her promise to her team, to her coaches, to her mother and grandmother, to Jimin and especially herself.

As long as she tries her absolute best.

She hears the sound of the double doors being pushed, and turns her head to see Coach Seohyjn approaching her.

"Hey. You've been in here for a while." Coach Seohyun prompts her to sit on the bench.

Minjeong closes her eyes and chuckles. "You know, natural introverted habits, being away from the loudness and in a peace of mind." She jokes, letting her head fall on her coach's shoulder.

The woman playfully pinches Minjeong's thigh. "You've been taking attention for years. I'll think you'll be fine." Coach Seohyun reassures her.

The brunette only hums, remembering the last time she was at a point like this. She hopes it won't end up as the last time.

"Calling all swimmers for the final individual 200 medley to pool 2." The speaker blares, causing for Minjeong to suddenly jolt up.

Coach Seohyun grabs her hands as she stands up. "You got this, Jimin and Taeyeon are waiting outside for you, we knew it was best if we didn't suddenly overwhelm you all at the same time." She squeezes the brunette's hands gently.

Minjeong nods, giving her coach a hug before walking toward the doors.

She meets the warm air and her heart thumps at the amount of cheering she hears.

The brunette is caught of guard when arms wrap tightly around her neck, warmth pressed to her body. Minjeong lets her arms tightly wrap around Jimin's waist, breathing her in. At the sudden touch of the raven, the loud cheering and splashing of water no long ring in her ears. She focuses on Jimin only, her heart now thumping quickly for another reason.

After a long while, Jimin pulls away, giving Minjeong a look she's learnt is only for her. The brunette melts, so glad she's able to have the raven by her side at a moment like this.

They know they can't take to long, other swimmers walking to their designated pools. "Remember-" Jimin begins.

"Try your best, that's all that matters." They say together.

Jimin captures her lips in a searing kiss, one that makes Minjeong's blood run at an all time high. When the raven pulls away, she's smiling widely. "I'll be proud of you no matter what. Whether you win or lose, you'll still be the same Kim Minjeong I fell in love with. Okay?"