different || chapter 8

"I will always be different, why is it that I must be treated poorly for being so?"

The boys paced back and fourth in the waiting room, they were all mumbling different words bickering with each other. 'shit' 'this is insane' 'what are we going to do' Joyce, Hopper, Mike, Lucas, Dustin and Jonathan were all of the ones there. The adults watched the panicked kids.

The truth is, this was way over their heads they didn't even know if Will was going to be okay.

Jonathan looked awful, his eyes were red from crying so much, he had dried blood all over his hands and shirt. Joyce wasn't doing well either, she felt so much guilt for not being home, let alone not being there for Will. She just wanted Will to have a normal life again.

Hopper comforted Joyce and Jonathan while also trying to get details of anything from earlier from Jonathan and had tried to calm the boys down but they weren't doing well. Especially Mike.

Mike had been pacing for what felt like forever, 'will' 'will' 'will' it was all Mike could think about, he had this burning sensation in his..heart? He didn't understand why bad things had to keep happening to Will. He missed the best friend he had before all of this had happened to Will.

He would always still be his best friend, he just wished Will could have his normal life again.

Mike had finally stopped pacing, he was getting so tired. It was around 9pm now, but he had to stay up. He had to be there for Will.

Mike felt...empty. The same feeling he felt when Will went missing. He just wanted to have a great summer with his friends, with Will. His eyes felt watery, he looked up at the bright ceiling trying to contain his tears, he rarely ever cried..he thought back to other times he's cried about Will.

His emotions were raw, he never felt so alone and so small. A single tear slipped out of his eye and fell down his cheek, he was quick to wipe it away when the doctor finally came in. Everyone quickly stood up, they all stared with uncertainty.

The doctor sighed, "hello everyone, Wills condition is..stable for now." Everyone had taken a breath of relief, Mike put his hands on his head looking at the ceiling, he couldn't help but smile. Jonathan hugged Joyce and Hopper.

Then the three boys all hugged, the doctor then spoke once more, "he did lose a lot of blood, his gash was pretty deep, so he's a bit sensitive and we're going to be monitoring him since he's not awake yet." Everyone felt a little jab at themselves hearing that he wasn't awake yet, but they were going to take what they could get.

The doctor then spoke again. "Their can be visitors but try to be quiet, he's very weak right now." Everyone nodded and the adults let the kids go, they knew the kids needed to see him, but even though Joyce wanted to run into that room right this second she wanted to stay with Jonathan while he talked to Hopper.

The kids quickly rushed down the hall after the doctor told them the room number. They soon reached it and Mike was about to swing the door open but he stopped for a moment, 'open it' 'dude go' he heard from the two bickering wanting to go in, first he was hesitant because he didn't want to wake Will while he rested, but he didn't want them to be loud either, so he turned to them showing a 'shhh' symbol with his finger to his lips and they shut up, eventually Mike opened the door and they all slowly walked in, he then closed it behind everyone once they were inside.

Lucas and Dustin pulled up two chairs and sat down, Mike soon followed after grabbing a chair and sitting down as well. Mike gazed upon the now pale toned male, with gauze covering his cheek. His eyes looked tired with dark bags, dried blood on his cheek that was visible near the bandage. So many small things that didn't make Will look like Will.

The boys had quietly talked to each other trying to figure out what could have happened. For what felt like forever they tried to think but they knew only Will could tell them.

Dustin and Lucas had gone out to the vending machine to grab some snacks, Mike looked at Will in pain, a few tears fell here and there. He would wipe them as soon as they fell, he watched the brown haired boy and would glance at his heart rate making sure he was okay. He couldn't lose him, not again, not ever.

Mike didn't even realize he had been holding Wills hand, he quickly let go when he heard the door open, Lucas and Dustin had brought snacks. They had shared with Mike and it had helped him calm down a little bit, but he still just could only think about Will.

It was getting super late, Lucas and Dustin had wanted to stay but they had to get home, 'parents orders' which was such bull. Their friend was hurting, but they had understood since nobody really knows what happened to Will yet.

It was 11pm and Lucas as well as Dustin had said their goodbyes to Will and Mike, they told Mike to promise to call on their portable radios whenever Will woke up tomorrow, they would be back again as soon as possible.

Mike got ready for bed on the couch, he was provided a blanket and pillow, Jonathan and Joyce had visited Will for awhile and Jonathan had filled Mike in on what he saw, it made Mike so angry. He couldn't wait for Will to wake up and then to really know what happened.

Joyce and Jonathan were fast asleep in some big chairs that were in the room. Mike couldn't sleep for a long time, he caught himself tossing and turning. But really just constantly checking on Will.

Mike had still been up, it had started to rain and he silently watched through the window. The soft rain hitting it, he sighed softly. He painfully waited for Will, his will. Mike soon felt a shiver go up his spine, his heart skip a beat, his stomach felt tingly, as he heard a soft.

"Mike?"