where are you? || chapter 13

The whole weekend had been torture for both the two boys, Mike was avoiding Will and Will had been feeling so insignificant and dirty, like that being gay was wrong. His mentality had been broken down so much ever since Mike stopped talking to him.

It was summer now, thats the last thing they both wanted.

Dustin and Will were hanging out at Dustin's place, Will was playing with some gadgets he had from camp, some of the ones he recognized but then some were new. Will was twisting one of the gadgets levers in boredom until he heard a familiar voice, it instantly made him feel warm and comfortable like he's been on edge or something.

"Dustin do you copy? It's Mike, me and Lucas are going to the mall, do you want to come?"

Dustin looked at Will who seemed not fully there, he had this dreadful and painful look on his face. Dustin had noticed something has been going on with them and he was going to find out, for Will.

"This is Dustin, is Will coming too? over."

Dustin looked at Will who looked at him confused, "I got this." He spoke quietly and gave him a playful wink and Will chuckled.

It had been silent for a few moments, until Mike spoke again.

"I uh, already asked him..he said he can't." 

Will and Dustin looked at each other with disbelief, he rolled his eyes. He was going to find out why Mike was avoiding Will, he didn't deserve this he wanted a good summer for the party and Mike was being weird.

"Sure I'll come, see you guys soon over and out." Dustin closed his radio and stared dumbfounded at Will. "What the hell was that shit!" He exclaimed and Will felt this drowning feeling of guilt, like it was his fault. He took a shaky exhale and shrugged, "I'm..I'm not sure.."

Dustin looked at Will and sighed, "I don't know what happened with you guys but I'm sure it'll get solved, I'll try to find out today why he's been avoiding you okay? Don't stress, we can hang out tomorrow too or you can come back when we get back from the mall and I'll tell you all about it." He said softly trying to cheer Will up.

"Thanks Dustin but I think I'll just stay home.." Will said feeling defeated as he silently packed up his things.

Dustin and Will both walked outside after grabbing their things and they said bye to each other after going separate ways onto the roads, Will had been in pain riding the way back.

His abdomen was still sore but he told Joyce he was okay to ride his bike, she didn't let him at first but saw that he clearly was having a hard time and just wanted to hang out with his friends, she would have brought him but she had work.

"So stupid..." he muttered to himself about the whole situation, he thought a lot to himself on the way back and his emotions got the best of him as he dropped his bike hanging his leg over and getting off letting it fall.

Nobody was home like usual.

Will started to cry as he painfully flipped through his sketchbook pages, he came across the note and felt his breathing start to increase faster. "So..so stupid who would ever like someone like me!" He screamed and ripped the page out and then began to rip it up, "I'm just a stupid queer!" He cried out and fell back sliding down his bedroom door.