No Rest

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry i could not travel both

And be one traveler, long i stood

And looked down one as far as i could

To where it bent in the overgrowth;

November 5th, 2038

Your apartment, Detroit, MI

9:47 PM

Over the past four days, you have been preparing for your new job. Getting in contact with Captain Jeffery Fowler, informing him of your new position and that you'd be coming in on the 6th. You received nothing back, but that was fine by you. You could easily get started with your nightly routine of Levora tracking you around, asking menial questions pertaining to your health

"And you've been cleared?"

"Yup."

"You start tomorrow"

"Mhm."

"Is there anything you require me to do in your absence?"

"The same as you did when i was at 8"

"Is there anything you need? More ice?"

"Nope, all healed"

"Shall i contact your therap-"

"Nope."

"..Okay."

You had hardly the time to change into nightly wear before there was a solid knock on your front door. Levora crept toward the door,its head turned towards you as if asking for permission. With a grunt, you mutter "Go ahead" with a flippant gesture toward the front door. As Levora crept closer, the person behind the door knocked once again, but said nothing.

You left off into your room, going to change and put something on rather than lounge around in your tank top. Two years had been enough time to learn how Levora treated guests.

"Hello" It would say politely, keeping the door ajar "What is your business here?" That meant it was someone who had not been to the house before

"I need to speak with Detective Riess."

The blunt statement gives you pause. Your head turns, eying your doorway as you slid a jacket over your shoulders. Only Hills, your previous captain, and captain Fowler were aware that you would be a detective.

"And, who are you?"

"May I come in?" the man asks again, not answering Levora's question.

"Please, come in," It would open the door and step aside, letting the man into your home right as you left your bedroom, discreetly shutting the door behind you.

You eye the man in your living room. The Android, rather. He bore a uniform you'd never seen before, a suit jacket with numerals in the classic cyberlife font, labeled 'RK800'.

"You need me for somethin'?' ' you question,staring at him.

"Hello, My name is Connor." the corners of his mouth quirk up "I'm the android sent by Cyberlife." his gaze sweeps across the room, which strikes you as odd "You have been assigned all cases to do with deviants, and are to be partnered with Lieutenant Hank Anderson"

"...Deviants?" you question

"Androids that are disobeying their set programming. I am specially made to assist and catch them in our investigation."

"Alright." you started, "So where's this Anderson guy and why isn't he here?"

"I've yet to find him."