Chapter 6 - The Vultrag

Anne: Do you see that?
Fai: Watch out!
Alex: What do you mean? I don't see--
I move to swim backwards a little. Then the water had turned kind of dark and then a long, black tendril thing shot out of the water. It had three, suctioned prongs at the end of it. It just barely missed me and pushed me into Alex. Anne had to fly in another direction with Fai in order to not be hit. Unfortunately, it reached out and grabbed Fai's leg wich brought her and Anne down. Before Fai's face went under completely, she yelled out,
Fai: S-Swim to the shore!
Then they both were gone.
Phil: We have to hurry to the--
Alex: We have to help them!
Y/N: Yeah!
Alex: Floating girl didn't have a chondria five minutes ago, and the other one is from QUIANTO! Her chondria is probably trash! So shift into something useful before they--Hey!
Phil: Its okay! Anne said her chondria is premo--
Phil cuts himself off and then gets dragged down in the water.
Alex: Phillip?
Y/N: He got pulled under!
Another tentacle came out of the water and started to come at us.
Alex: Nope.
We both dove down before it could reach us. That's when I saw that Phil did have a tail and that's what the tentacle grabbed onto to pull him down. Alex stopped swimming for a second and started to pint his finger at the tentacle. He's trying to use his chondria! I also pause and swim closer to him. He tries pointing a couple times but they all fail. I grab his arm and pull him out of the way of a tentacle snapping at him. Suddenly a bunch of tentacles come at us so I pull Alex closer to me and I make a Bubble around the two of us. It was small, but it worked until the tentacles went down and away from us. I turn and swim to the surface. The water had turned purplish and filled with lots of bubbles. Then we get rocketed into the air and the three of us swim so fast to the shore, we might have broken a world record. Anne was on the sand with Fai in her lap. I was gasping and trying to catch my breath for a while. Eventually I caught my breath and walked over to Anne with Alex: Are you two okay?
Fai abruptly shot up and started coughing and crying. I go down onto my knees and gently place my hand on her back and rub it.
Fai: I...I don't know how to s-s-swim!
She starts to really sob now.
Y/N: Shh. it'll be okay. Just breathe.
Anne: It's alright, Fai. Swimming is hard when a mean monster tries to eat you.
Alex: W-Where... Where are we?