༻25༺

BROOKLYN POV

BROOKLYN POV

A hand pats my cheek, hasty and borderline being a slap. My eyes open and through the darkness, I meet Rosita's eyes. She holds a finger to her mouth to shush me then points to the side.

Though groggy, I look over to see a trooper. We were in the back of a vehicle. It was dark. Rosita and I weren't alone, though. Gabriel and another woman were also there.

After Rosita cuts the ties around my wrists that were behind my back, Gabriel waves his hand for Rosita and I to come over. 

My legs were weak. The other woman grabs my arm and picks me up. Rosita jumps out of the back of the vehicle. Then, Gabriel jumps.

Whatever Pamela's people injected in my neck was still affecting me. My limbs were still weak and barely movable. My eyes still had a gray haze over my vision.

The woman leads me to the back of the truck.

She puts her mouth directly by my ear. "Can you jump?"

I look down at the road passing by under us. I gag and cover my mouth. After taking a deep breath, I whisper to the woman.

"Just push me," I urge.

The woman positions my arm a certain way and whispers about 'going with the motion'. I close my eyes and try to relax my body. Just when the woman pushes, a hand grabs the back of my shirt. My neckline stretches against my throat and I choke before being shoved to the floor of the vehicle. My back and neck have sharp pains and I roll onto my side as I cough, trying to catch my breath.

The woman is tossed against the wall of the truck. The trooper pulls a gun and my eyes widen. I shove all cloudy feelings away by force and fight to my feet, I literally trip and stumble into the trooper's arms, but I hook my arm over the gun. It fires wildly and the woman grabs his back, jerking him to the side. The bullets fire into the drivers. When the gun clicks, I bash my elbow into the trooper's neck.

Then, a sudden blow to the car sends us all to the ground. 

I turn onto my elbows and knees, coughing a few times.

The woman pulls herself to sit up. The vehicle was no longer moving. 

"You all right?" she asks me.

No. But, I nod as a lie and grab the seat, forcing myself to my feet. The woman and I help each other all the way up then out of the back of the vehicle. Once on the sturdy ground, I heave to the side and throw up on the pavement.

The woman goes around the vehicle. The driver must have been caught off guard or even shot during the fiasco because the vehicle had been rammed into a tree.

I gasp in and out, pushing my hands to my knees to stand up straight. I run my hand through my hair and swallow.

What the hell was this? Where were we going? What did Pamela make them shoot me up with?