༻20༺

JIHYUN POV

JIHYUN POV

"Come on!" Daryl snaps.

I tug Brooklyn in front of me and we run up the church stairs. Daryl holds the door open for us then slams it behind us.

"Brooklyn.. Jihyun," Eugene says. "Did you see Max?"

"I told her to find you. I was trying to lead Sebastian away," Brooklyn pants.

Brooklyn leans over a pew to catch her breath. I rest my hand on her back to soothe her.

"Sebastian.. He's gone," Daryl informs.

"What?" I ask.

Daryl points to Eugene. Brooklyn and I look over to him.

"He threw Max to a walker. When I intercepted and shoved said walker away from my beloved, Sebastian ended up with the walker on the ground. He was bitten."

Brooklyn takes a few breaths. "So.. Sebastian is.. dead?"

"That would be accurate," Eugene confirms.

I eye Brooklyn carefully. What kind of reaction would she have?

"Well.. shit.." she huffs, sitting down. "That wasn't part of the plan."

"Troopers are looking everywhere for the two of you and probably Max," Daryl cuts in. "You need to stay low and not get caught."

"Can we get out?" I ask.

"Out? Like.. outside the walls?" Brooklyn asks. "Like Alexandria?"

"Safer than being here for right now," 

I sit down beside Brooklyn.

"You two just sit your asses here," Daryl tells Eugene and Brooklyn.

"Max.. I have to find her," Eugene argues.

Brooklyn hisses under her breath. "She's gonna get just as much shit as us. She can't be left out there alone-"

"Well you two sure as hell ain't going to look for her. We need to smuggle you two out by night. End of story," Daryl states.

Daryl and Brooklyn trade a look. She bows her head in acceptance. I wonder what happened when they went to Alexandria. Did she trust him? Was she scared of him? She didn't even let Negan stare her into submission.

"Hole up in the back. They come check this place, y'all need to be hidden," Daryl orders.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"Here," I say, kneeling in front of Brooklyn.

She hands me the ripped up cloth from her dress and purses her lips.

"Never seen a bride covered in blood," I remark.

"One of a kind. Didn't you know?" she jokes lightly.