Ch. 7: The Plan

"Alright." 

And so, Smoker began to explain his plan to the three special infected.

"So, you know there's a saferoom in that tunnel, right?" Smoker asked, pointing inside the tunnel.

The three nodded.

"Alright, so, there's only two exits in the tunnel, which of course, is the tunnel exit, and the tunnel entrance." explained Smoker.

"Wh- but who, out of the four of them, would come back to the entrance?" questioned Hunter.

"Louis would definitely run back here, so, he'll be my target." Said Smoker.

"Wait.. Who's.. Louis..?" Asked Witch, as she had never seen any of the survivors before.

"One of the survivors, he's easily startled but would do anything to save the rest.

So, You'll be sitting at the exit of the tunnel, Witch." Said Smoker as he pointed at her.

"Wha..? Why me..? Why not Hunter..? Or Charger..?" Asked Witch, not wanting to be alone again.

"Because your claws are very sharp, it would cut off someone's head off clean, and it would cause great damage to them" Smoker explained to her.

"B- but i don't want to die.." Said Witch, as she began shaking a bit.

Terge huffed softly, consoling her, even if she doesn't understand him.

Smoker sighed.

"Alright, you two will be at the exit, you'll have each other's backs." Said Smoker.

"While me, and Hunter will be at the entrance. So, when one of them comes out, i'll throw my tongue and wrangle one of them to the entrance."

"But, what about me?" Asked Hunter.

"You'll wait until someone decides to try and shoot me, when one of them tries to, leap at them." explained Smoker.

"Huh, sounds neat." Said Hunter.

"When that happens, the rest would try and shoot at you, so, Witch, you'll be his savior." Smoker said as he pointed at her.

"M- me..? His savior..?" Asked Witch, stuttering in fear a bit.

"Yes, like i said earlier, your claws are very sharp, it can cut someone's head off clean." He said again.

"A- alright.." Witch stuttered.

"Now, big guy, you'll be the last to come out, since you're the biggest and strongest out of all of us.

Terge nodded.

"The last survivor would try and shoot at one of us, so, you'll come out and charge into them, and start pummeling them into the ground." Smoker explained.

Terge nodded again, and huffed.

"Alright, are you three ready?" Asked Smoker.

"YEAH!"

"M- mhm.."

Terge huffed in unison.

"Alright, here we g-"

"WAIT, WAIT!" yelled out a voice.

"AY, BOOMER!" Said Hunter in excitement, as a chubby, bloated zombie comes out of the bushes.

"Hey.. Hunter.." Greeted Boomer, out of breath.

"Where were you earlier?" Asked Smoker.

"I was trying to find you guys in the city.. it took some time..

I was about to give up.. until i saw your big arm right behind a corner behind one of the buildings.." Said Boomer, as he pointed at Terge.

"So.. i followed you.. all the way here.. oh.. i need some rest.." Said Boomer, sitting down.

"Oh, come on, were about to start the plan and now you want a rest?" complained Hunter.

"Yeah.. i just ran all the way here.. and i deserve one." Said Boomer, breathing heavily.

"W- well.. it's about to turn night anyways.." Said Witch, looking up at the sky.

"Aw, damn it.." cursed Smoker.

"So.. are we going to do it tomorrow?" Asked Hunter.

"Seems so.. i'm getting pretty tired anyways.." Said Smoker, as he yawned a little.

"Okay then, tomorrow it is." said Hunter, as he plopped onto the ground like a dog.

"Yeah.." agreed Boomer, as the two immediately fell asleep.

"Well.. hope the plan works.." said Smoker worriedly, as he laid down beside a tent.

Then, Witch yawned, catching Terge's attention.

"I'm tired, Charge.. can we sleep..?" Asked Witch tiredly.

Terge nodded, as he puts her down.

Then, she suddenly hold onto his large arm.

It startled him a little, but he soon calmed down.

"It's a bit cold.." Witch said, shivering a little.

Terge groaned, and pulled her closer in a cuddle.

She blushed a little, and hugged him.

"Thank you.. for being my friend.." Witch said, as she slowly fell asleep.

Terge huffed softly, looking down at her, admiring her beauty, as he slowly fell asleep as well.