Chapter 3- drinks on me

D'arcy's POV:

Its been a few days since ive settled in this tiny neighbourhood. The neighbours seem really nice! Julie is really joyful,frank is quite grouchy,Wally is very kind,poppy is caring,eddie is sweet,sally is very energetic, howdy is mostly busy but when i do get a chance to meet him, he is the friendliest of them all! And Barnaby! He is very sweet, a little shy towards me but i'm sure we will get along.

Today,my karaoke bar was built! It took a couple days but hard work pays off! It looks beautiful! The karaoke machine works really well and hardly ever has a breakdown. The drinks are strong and believe me when i say that last night was me tripping over pebbles on my way home after a few drinks.

me and the neighbours have arranged to hang out at my newly built bar, It's going to be brilliant!! I need to go shopping first though. I made my way to howdy's shop and bought more beer,rum,champagne some snacks and a lovely dress. The dress was black and it would show one of my legs due to the slit on the side. It was sparkly and looked a little tight,it would exaggerate all of my features. I went to the checkout where howdy was standing.
"Hi howdy! This'll be all" i started as howdy was scanning all of the items.
"That's a beautiful dress! Is it for the night out?" Howdy asked
"Yes! Can you go?"
"No i cant sorry,i have other customers to attend to, i wish i could though" howdy sulked.
Me and howdy finished our conversation as i paid and left the store.Back in my house, i tried on the dress and wow.I looked HOT! I looked like a model on the red carpet! I was looking for my black heels and black handbag when i heard a knock on the door.I opened the door to see wally standing there with his common emotionless expression.
"Why,hello wally" i greeted
"Hello D'arcy,are you ready for the night out yet?" He asked plainly
"Yup! Im just trying to find my heels and handbag" i replied "also,you look very formal!"
"Yes i know, i have to look good for a night out" He said proudly
"Well im ready now, do you wanna go?" I asked
"Certainly" Wally said as he stuck a hand out, wanting me to hold it as we walk.
I took his hand in mine and started to walk to my bar.As we opened the double doors, everyone was already waiting there. Julie had a flowery dress on that was longer than her knees. Eddie has a suit the same as wally's, rainbow tie and red suit.Frank had his normal wear on due to not wanting to spend his time changing into something else,sally was also wearing her casual clothes along with poppy.
Barnaby was wearing his striped suit as always and seemed to be staring at me with wide eyes. His mouth was wide open and his eyes filled with awe mixed with lust. I couldn't help but blush at this reaction.
"OMG HIII!" Sally ran to me and hugged me so tight that i thought i heard a crack.
"Hi sally" i chuckled as i had been released from her death hug.
"Hi barnaby!" I walked towards the big blue dog. He looked surprised to see me walking towards him.
"OH- hi D'arcy"he mumbled while twiddling his thumbs. I sat in the chair next to wally as julie got up to sing on the karaoke machine.
"WAIT! What ya gonna sing?" I shouted
"Oh you know" she replied with a smirk.
She ran up to the stage, searched for the song on the machine and started the song.
*the start of Gimme!Gimme!Gimme! From mamma mia soundtrack plays*
We all started cheering knowing that's her favourite musical song.

It got to the chorus pretty soon and pretty much all the girls shouted the lyrics along with julie.
"GIMME GIMME GIMME A MAN AFTER MIDNIGHT!" I started shouting

Barnaby's POV:
Julie got up to sing her favourite song and every girl, especially D'arcy was singing along.
She may have shouted the lyrics, but oh my lord, it was beautiful. She was an angel sent down from heaven just for me. I stared in awe like i did when i first introduced myself. She looked back at me after a few seconds. I quickly turned back to the bar and asked for some beer. Hearing a giggle, i grabbed my drink and turned to look at her. She was walking towards me! I had a pink tint to my cheeks and nose as she sat next to me.
"2 shots please!" She asked the bartender.
"Shots? I didnt take you for that kinda girl" i spoke,chuckling as i sipped my beer,froth on my upper lip.
"Well, im a party animal! I love to get the party started" she smirked as she held the two shots, offering one to me. I took it with a nod and clinked our glasses together.I watched as she finished her whiskey in a flash.
"Wow! Okay then, bartender! 2 more rounds" i said as i turned back to D'arcy.
"Let me show you how its done"
I whispered to the bartender to get salt and a lemon. When he showed up with the lemon and salt i told her to watch as i sprinkle salt on my hand and squirt some lemon into my mouth. She watched as i licked the salt from my hand and drank the whiskey shot.
"WOW! Okayy, now the party's started" she stated. She looked impressed! She likes me already! Well, maybe not like that but she surely will do soon.
A few hours later, every one of us did karaoke. That means, oh no, its my turn

D'arcy's POV:
I never took Barnaby as a party guy! We had about 3 round of whiskey! I knew we would get along. Its his turn on the karaoke machine!! I cant wait to hear his singing voice!
"Cmon Barnaby! It'll be fun!" I begged barnaby.
"no im not doing it" he replied
"Pleaasee!! Do it for me?" I asked,hoping he'd give in.
I was right
"UGH FINE! But only for you" he gave in and walked towards the stage.
"YESSS GO ON BARNABY" i cheered as he turned to grab the microphone and chuckled.
He fiddled with the machine for a bit before the song began to play.

'Damn i didnt take him for a mötley crüe fan' i thought as i stared in amazement.
He's so good at this! I love his singing voice. Its deep but full of emotion.
The song soon finished and we all clapped
"Wow! I didnt think ya had it in you, you sounded amazing!" I stated
He chuckled while scratching his neck.
"Thanks,i dont think i sound too good" he disagreed.
"Noo! You sounded amazing! I didnt take ya for a rock and roll fan"
He laughed once again and finished his drink while i ordered more
By the end of the night, i was Blackout drunk. I didnt think i could make it home by myself
"Ugh, my head hurts like hell!" I groaned as i sat back down on my chair, holding my head in pain.
"Can you even make it to your house?" Wally asked
"No i dont think so, can i stay at anyone's house?" I asked
"MINE! I mean, ahem, yes you can stay at mine" Barnaby answered as he smiled awkwardly.
"Thank you so much!" I grinned as i took his hand in mine

"Lets go!"