13

Jay looks at everyone questioningly. "What's going on?" he asks, turning to Jake. 

Izumi, Niki, Sunghoon and Heeseung are sitting on the sofa. Jake has his eyes on the floor. "Unfortunately, I have to report that Agus... Agus found and killed your father Hiro," reports Jake. I look at Jay. I can't read his facial expression. I know he hated his father but I often told myself that he needed him after all. Heeseung and Sunghoon are similarly unemotional. Heeseung probably because he doesn't like his father either and Sunghoon because he doesn't know his father. The only one crying is Izumi. Even though he failed her, she still seems to love him. 

"Please wait here," says Izumi, standing up. Her sons look at her and nod. "Jake, you can go," says Jay. Jake swallows and nods. "Jake, you can stay," comes Heeseung's voice. "If Niki and Jungwon stay, Jake stays too." Jay sighs and nods. He sits down with his brothers and his mother on the sofa. Izumi holds a book in her hand and pulls out a DVD, which she puts into the laptop Niki just brought."Your father said I should show you this if he died. Please believe me it was all for your protection. He loved you. A lot." 

When she turns on the video, everyone in the room falls silent.

"Hello my loved ones. If you see this, I'm probably dead. I'm sorry I could never be a father. I know that you have never understood all this and therefore I want to explain it to you. Today is the day I left you.When Sunghoon was born something happened again. Agus tried to kill me again. He won't give up and the day you see this video he made it. I left you for your own protection. I was a danger to my family and I knew that when Heeseung was old enough, everything would be in order. I know that I can count on my sons. I asked your mother not to say anything so that you can hate me. I hope it worked.

 I swallow. I see that Izumi is crying again. Heeseung is crying too. Jay has tears in his eyes, but controls himself quite well. 

 "I hope you could hate me. But now I ask you to forgive me. I never wanted to leave you alone but I know you guys take good care of each other.I love you all.
Izumi, my beloved wife. I'm sorry I left you alone with the little rebels. Heeseung, my little hero. I'm sorry you have to carry so much weight on your shoulders. Jay, my stubborn little one. I'm sure you hated me the most. You're a good person Jay and you had every reason to hate me. I'm sorry I could never be a father to you. Sunghoon, my little one. You don't know me and I'm sorry. I'm sorry you never had a father to learn from. You had to learn everything from your brothers.But please believe me. You were better off without me." 

 I breathe in and out deeply to keep from crying. I can't even imagine how the three brothers must feel now. They hated their father for a lifetime and now it turns out he did it all out of love for them. 

Jake, Niki and I don't really know what to do right now. I can see that Jake is close to tears as well.Izumi hugs her sons sobbing. "We should leave them alone" says Jake and leaves the room with Niki and me. 

----

 I didn't see Jay for the rest of the day. He holed himself up in his office and didn't talk to anyone. I was asked by Mingyu to find out more together with Niki. We're still sitting at the table trying to get on somehow. 

"Jungwon, may I ask you something?" Niki now turns to me. I nod "sure""What's between you and Jay?"I look at him a bit surprised "um...what should be between us?" Niki laughs lightly "I don't want to be rude but... you're obviously quite important to him and well... You don't really have a job here. Sorry if that sounds mean, but I'd just like to know." I'll think about it. Actually he's right. I have no job here. 

"Well...I did some...stupid things and somehow Jay was forced to take me in. I'll tell you the story in more detail when this is all over. I had to earn the respect. Don't think I did it all just like that." Niki shakes his head "I didn't want to offend you. But you still haven't told me what's between you" grins the younger one. "You're too curious," I smile. Then I answer him "I'll kill you if you tell this anyone but I really like him. I like him a lot. There's nothing worth mentioning between us..." I then admit. "Not yet" Niki winks. 

We jump a little when the door opens. "It doesn't look like you two got some news," says Sunghoon. We both get up. "Hey, are you feeling better?" asks Niki. Sunghoon shrugs, "I didn't even know my father. I don't really care. Jay and Heeseung are worse off, they knew him" Niki and I nod in understanding. "It's late. You won't find out anything today anyway. Go and rest," Sunghoon orders. "Oh and Jungwon...maybe you could check on Jay. He doesn't talk to anyone..."

----

I'm not knocking on Jay's door this time. He wouldn't have let anyone in anyway. As expected, he holds a glass in his hand. I don't want to know how much he's drunk. 

 "Hey. I know you don't want to see anyone right now but... I'm worried about you. We don't have to talk. I just want you to know that I'm here for you" I say as Jay looks at me emotionlessly.He gets up from the sofa in his bedroom and puts the glass down "why are you making me wait so long?" he then asks softly.I look at him so surprised he has to laugh a little "I don't want to see anyone, right. Because I don't want anyone to see me like this. You know you're the only person in this world I want to see right now." I smile slightly and put my hand on his neck. I feel his pulse, which is a little faster than usual. 

"Jungwon, can you stay with me? I can't be alone today..." he asks a little uncertainly. I nod."The others are already talking about us anyway," he grins slightly."Niki asked me what's between us," I say. "And what did you say?" asks Jay. I shrug my shoulders "you tell me". 

 We both startle when we hear shots outside.Shortly thereafter, the door springs open and I quickly draw my gun.Jake is standing in the doorway. "They are here. They got us. Sir you have to get out of here," he says. Jay grabs his gun too. Luckily we haven't changed yet, so we still have our guns with us."Where are Heeseung and Sunghoon? And where's Mum?" Jay asks, turning to Jake. "I don't know it. Changbin informed me that I had to take her to safety. Please allow me to find Heeseung," says Jake. Jay nods. Jake thanks him and quickly leaves Jay's room. I want to go and look for Niki, but Jay grabs my arm. "Jungwon, if you die today..." I shake my head "no one dies today. I have to find Niki!" I say. Jay nods "I hope Changbin can keep them away long enough." 

Changbin is the head bodyguard. He's a good fighter and marksman, but he and his people won't be able to stop Agus for long. 

 "I love you Jungwon" says Jay before I leave the room."I love you too Jay" I say and look at him. "Go now" he orders and I nod. 

I go to Niki's room. He's not there. "Damn" I say. I know that Niki doesn't have much practice with weapons, which puts him in more danger. I feel kind of responsible for him. I have to protect him. In this short time, Niki has become like a little brother to me. 

 As I'm about to rush down the stairs, I see Niki coming out of the bathroom with Sunghoon."Thank God. Sunghoon, you must go. Agus is here!"Only now do I notice that Niki is holding Sunghoon's hand.I'm a bit confused, but don't ask. We really have other worries right now."Where are my brothers?" asks Sunghoon. "I don't know it. I got orders to tell you to get out. All three of you. We'll take care of the rest," I say. "You know we won't do that," Sunghoon says."I would leave but Heeseung and Jay wouldn't. Never.If they stay, I'll stay too," says Sunghoon.I know we can't stop the three brothers from staying here. We have to fight. We all. 

 I'm going downstairs with Niki and Sunghoon.There Jay is standing with Heeseung, Jake, Mingyu, Han, Bangchan, Felix and Izumi.Mingyu tries to persuade Jay to escape, but everyone here knows that Heeseung and Jay will fight."It has no value Mingyu. My sons are like their father. They will not run away. We will fight and we will defeat Agus," Izumi says firmly. 

We all equip ourselves with weapons.Seungmin is coming down from upstairs, "They'll be right in the house. Changbin and his people have already killed some of Agus's people. Agus is not to be seen," he reports. 

At that moment, James, one of Changbin's men, bursts into the room."We must be ready. There is no more chance of escaping. They are everywhere," the rather young man groans out of breath.Almost at the same time we draw our weapons. I hear the clicks, which signals that the guns have been unlocked. 

"Two things," Heeseung says aloud to everyone in the room."Don't hesitate to kill. Don't die," he commands."Yes boss" is the voice from everyone in the room. Heeseung nods."We have discussed this situation often enough. No mistakes or we're all dead." He just spoke out loud what every single one of us repeated in their heads. 

No mistakes or we're all dead.