4

I change into something more comfortable

I change into something more comfortable. Anddd 6 rolls around and i hear my doorbell

"come inn!" I say. "Hey" they say. "Heyy you two. Is everything alright? Diego you sounded concerned on the phone.

"We have a big ass problem" Dante says "What is it?" I ask worried. "The Bettermans aren't our grandparents" diego exhales he outs his head in his arms.

"What?How?" I ask. "Apparently the authorities made a mistake" Dante says
"How can they make a mistake?!" I say not believing how stupid authorities can be.

"We don't know and that's not the point right now." Diego says. "The Bettermans offered us to stay with them but we just didn't feel safe so we thanked them for everything and left. The only person which we trust other than them is you." Dante explains

"How can I help?" I ask. "Can we crash here?" Diego says. I can see in his voice that it's uncomfortable for him to ask. "Of course you can!" I say. I show them the guest bedroom "There You have two seperate beds and one big bed." I say smilling

"Thank you Freya we can't even describe how thankful we are" Diego says. "Thank you for not letting us sleep on the streets" Dante says. I hug them That's what friends do

After letting them settle in I go into the livingroom to find Diego cuddling Atlas. "The world's broken. You can't trust anyone" He says looking at Atlas but talking to me.

"Maybe it's broken because you don't trust anyone.." I say sitting down in an armchair.  He just looks at me for a solid minute "Goodnight Freya" He says standing up "Oh and thank you again. Maybe you aren't completely wrong" He says going into the bedroom

"What do you think Atlas?" I ask him. "Do you like them" I ask. He lets out his tongue out of his mouth. "You do. I do too" I say.

*
I woke up somehow pretty early sk I decide to make breakfast for the boys. First I get dressed obvi.

Then I let Atlas out for a run into the forest while I do the pancakes

Then I let Atlas out for a run into the forest while I do the pancakes. "Boysss!! Breakfast is ready!!" I shout. I hear some noises. so I guess they heard me. "Good morning sleepy heads" I smile at them

"good morning" they say in sync. Holy- Their husky morning voice's I'm about to faint. And they're in boxers?!?! I brush it off teying not to faint. "Hungry?" I ask "starving!" Diego says sitting down. "Atlas!!! Breakfast" I yell out of the door. And in a solit second I hear a howl alrighty I prepare his food and put it down for him. He comes a second later running inside.

"Did you have fun?" I ask petting him "He lets out a little howl" I laugh.  "So how you guys holding up?" I ask them. "we're fine" Dante says trying to act all grown up.

But behind that mask is a kid who wants to live play party. But he doesn't. "Hey I say looking at Dante. Life is full of tough moments and choices. But don't let it bring you down. You're stronger than you think. Both of you" I say looking at me. A little tear slips from Dantes face when he hugs me.

"I-I just don't know what we'd do without you" He say's hugging  me tight. "It's okay. I'm here you don't have to think about what'd you do without me. I'm here." I say rubbing his back. Diego soon joins us in the hug. We stay like that a little while. "Alright get ready for school we'll have to leave in 15 minutes." I say letting them go

After a few minutes they come out dressed more appropriately for school. "Are we taking the bus?" They ask "Bus? Pff who needs a bus when you have a gigantic Wolf/dog/direwolf/bear" I say smirking.

I was prepared for a moment like this a long time ago. I pull out a big big harness from a drawer and a sled from the garage. "Oh dear god" Diego mumbles. "I put the harness onto Atlas and attach the Sled with a safety rope to the harness

"yall ready to have the best time of your life" I ask chuckling. It's a small sled fit for two people. In this situation Diego and Dante. My role is to ride Atlas and make sure the sled doesn't flip over but psst.

"Alright" I mutter to myself. With a little push with my heel to Atlas's stomach he sprints forward. When we want to pull left i lean in and pull a little at his fur on rhe left side. Same thing for right.

Although he already knew the way to school I just used it for practice. "Here we are" I say jumping off of Atlas. "That was incredible" Dante squeals. "what?" I ask smilling at his excitement "Uhh maybe the part where you controlled an animal that's twice your size. "Mehh It's no biggie" I say wavinf my hand. "you're awesome" Diego says. "You can stop with that now. Go to your classes." I change the subject.

After they leave I hear a familiar dirt bike. Oh shit I forgot to text him not to pick me up. Ugh hes gonna be soooo pissed. "heyyy you" I say innocently. He doesn't even bother to look at me he just walks right past me.

"I guess I deserve that" I shrug he'll get over it.

But the day goes by and he doesn't say a WORD to me. A single word.

I stop Ares in the hallway. "Okay I'm sorry. Please stop ignoring me I hate that." I plead with him. He shakes my hand off. "Oh really. I hate that you replaced me with thoose guys. I hate that you love them that much but you only know them a day. I hate that they sleep in your fucking house. It should be me who sleeps there not them. I hate that I picked you up every single day for school with my bike since the day I met you. And two guys roll around and suddenly you don't need me to pick you up anymore. But it's whatever honestly who cares what Ares thinks or how he's feeling right?! Fuck you"

He whsipets the last part and storms of not giving me a chance to explain I just now realise how he's been taking this shit in. I feel so horrible.

*lunch time*

I sit next to Ares. He doesn't even look up to me. Atlas nudges his hand with his nose. "Just forget it Atlas" He mumbles to him pushing away his muzzle. Atlas stops but gives him a lick on his arm.

"Ares I..." I start explaining. He just gets up and leaves. I sigh. "What happened with you two again" Zion asks. I just stand up and leave. I leave Atlas with them a little because I know Atlas misses them as much as I do.

Diego and Dante call to tell me they have detention so I don't need to wait up. "Detention what did you do?" I ask them. "Long story" Diego brushes it off "Diego got into a fight with Ares" Dante blurts out.

"What?!" I shout. "You fucking idiot!" Diego gives a slap Dante on the head.  "Sorry" Dante mumbles. "Seriously unbelievable" I say scoffing.

"I told you Ares was the hardest one and that he wouldn't come around easily and you go and pick a fight with him??" I shout. Diego just looks down at the floor

"ATLAS!" I scream. He cones running from the cafeteria. "Let's go" I say attaching the harness to him. I jump onto his back and leave without another word to either of them.

Life's hard.