seven

Something felt off when she woke up and got ready that next morning. Her hand instinctively went to her hip. Her hand grabbing the gun out of its holster. Her eyes scanning it and then looking around the room.

It must be her imagination.

Her phone went off. A text from the boss reading from it.

Take care of this for me. Will you?

She didn't need to reply as she was already out the door and heading to the destination that was marked for her in the text.

She had a job to do.

Worries would have to wait later.

.
.
.

"G- ahh!"

Pain fell from her lips when her knees hit the ground. A bullet being shot right through her as blood immediately seeped through her clothes.

The hell?!

She pressed her hand to the bullet sized hole. It punctured a lung, she could tell by just feeling it and how the blood invaded her air way.

"Oh, dear. Oh, my. I was aiming for your heart, but you're quite quick! Sadly though, it seems this gun is super effective against you!"

She turned to the voice as a shrouded figure emerged from the shadows of the dark warehouse.

She seethed at the man, "how did you get that gun?!"

Her eyes focused on the gun in and his hand and then the gun in her own. It was obvious now that she had a perfect replica while the real one was in that man's hand.

The man wagged a finger.

"Now, now. Let's play a game instead!"

He shot her again. This time in her stomach. Her intestines immediately tearing at the new wound.

"Lets see how many bullets it takes for you to die!"