Chapter 15

Mauve stayed for three days with my impertinence imprisoned in a bottle. Easton spent too much time on her, playing with West all the time longing for my sister. Before breakfast, Mauve was out to help Auntie to cook. I wasn't invited when my skills don't align with what they are used to.

On the table, I sat between North and South since I no longer have the place beside Easton, especially when Mauve was implying silently that I should move away. Been feeling everything since then, and I believe every single hint of despair and abandonment. Dislikes were written all over my lexicon, psychologically analyzing their actions.

"What are your plans after graduating, Mauve?" Aunt Victoria asked, sophistically biting on her meat.

Mauve didn't bother to look at the person who questioned her. "I'll be taking a cabin crew course for 7 weeks po, Tita."

Victoria Cabrera nodded her head with expressions unreadable. Will she help her way to a career? She did her a favor on a pageant and it won't be possible for her to extend help once more.

"Easton's still working on his doctorate. Maybe, that's just good timing since both of you will be busy," Uncle announced as if it was something that lovers should be proud of or something.

My breath was silent like an assassin that would annihilate me in a second. Oxygens not making a perfect way to my lungs leaving me a second late for what my body needs. I didn't want to let out that heavy sigh either. I would be questioned.

Ibinaba ni Easton ang kutsara, nagpapakitang tapos na siyang kumain. "Paano nagiging perfect timing iyon, Pa? It is not. I couldn't breathe working simultaneously over a lot of stuff."

Uncle raised his shoulders. "I was just saying na since both of you are busy with your career, it is good that you won't keep missing each other. In our time, your mother was left empty schedules and kept on bugging me while I was working almost 15 hours a day. I won't deny that I got angry sometimes."

South's reaction got us all staring at him. His cough was genuine enough, almost choking him to death if I didn't budge to tap his back to ease his pain. North's chuckle made his brother hiss at him when he recovered.

"What's so funny, son?" Uncle's inquiry was accompanied by a little laughter.

South had a sip of water and answered, "Hindi ako makapaniwala na patay na patay pala sa'yo si Mama. What did you make her eat?"

Unconsciously, my fingers reached for my forehead for a scrape. Aunt's eyes passed through her son's soul while Uncle hid his smile beneath his hand.

"Papa made her eat chili peppers on their first date," Easton answered, and for the first time in my life, I laughed while crying.

Was my imagination beyond? That answer is no because the moment I set my eyes on people around me, I found them laughing to themselves as well. Reaching for my lids where tears reside, I faced the ceiling for my nose to go back to stability.

"This is the first time I see Raizelle laughed so hard that she cried," Uncle announced with inclination to this amusement.

Expecting that I wouldn't be seen, my disappointment heightened with the fact that as long as there are eyes around me, some would take note of my actions. Having never been safe anywhere, I am still bound to care for my actions.

I smiled at him. "I had to admit that making Auntie Victoria eat chili peppers is ridiculous."

"Right! That's right, Rai, but your Uncle did that to me." Aunt Victoria shook her head at the memory only them could reminisce, where my presence wasn't there but dragging me into the scene like I have always imagined it. "He got his revenge because he was jealous of some bartender I barely know."