Chapter 5

I fell into the dark until a large pair of hands caught my hips. I was placed on the ground carefully and looked around. Rainy joined my side, grabbing my hand. "This stuff scares me." She said under her breath as Niall and Harry talked about the upcoming fight. "It's billy from the local unit." Harry told Niall as he began stretching. Niall sighed "I hate fighting military. It makes me feel disrespectful." I began feeling a little nervous as I looked over at him getting ready. Rainy rubbed my arm an laughed a little, causing me to stop my concentration.

"Damnit. You never listen." I looked at her questioningly. "I know the look you're giving him. I had it too. He's trouble chloes. Lots of it." I shrugged, "we're just friends rain." She shook her head and turned just as Niall turned to us. "Stay near Harry. I don't want you girls hurt." I nodded, chewing my lip in anticipation. Niall reached up, touching my cheek. "You alright love?" I nodded and he smiled, pulling his hand just as the roar of the crowd began. "EVERYBODY SHUT THE FUCK UP." The sound quited a little and I heard the man begin yelling again "THIS WILL BE A HELL OF A FIGHT. PLACE ALL THE BETS NOW, ONCE THEY WALK OUT ITS OVER...." He waited a few seconds before continuing. "HERE WE HAVE LOCAL MILITARY HERO AND ASS KICKER SUPREME BILLY LONG!" The crowd picked up again screaming their praises as the tall brunette man strolled into the circle. I felt my breath hitch as the caller began screaming again. "AND OVER HERE WE HAVE THE ONE AND ONLY. THE UNDEFEATED IRISHMAN. NIALL HORAN" the sound became deafening as Niall cockily strolled into the ring. Billy was almost 6 inches taller than him and a lot bulkier, but Niall didn't seemed fazed by him. He wore a cocky smile as the man stared him down. Niall tapped his cheek, teasing the guy who's anger was building up by the second. Rainy tsk'd "he's underestimating Niall. This is going to be bad." Harry nodded "I'm glad i put $200 on him. I'm going to win big."

The ref said something quietly to the guys and Niall nodded, offering his hand for a shake. Billy sneered at him and Niall dropped it. Soon a bell made a ding. Billy knocked Niall in the jaw one good time I covered my mouth as I screamed. Rainy ran her hand in a circle on my back as I watched Niall retaliate. He came back swinging, reminding me a lot of the angry boy I had seen the night before when I told him about John. Niall had hit billy 3 good times before he could register he was being hit. Billy stumbled back as Niall continued his brutal attack. They were both bleeding now. I couldn't tell who the blood was coming from but there was a lot of it. Eventually, billy regained a hit and knocked Niall back. I thought it was over, that Niall had lost but he came back grinning. He hit billy with enough strength to knock the giant military man straight on his ass. The ref stepped in as the crowd chanted Niall's name. The red lifted his arm and Niall smiled in victory.

It took nearly an hour for him to finally make his way to us. He put on some clean clothing before returning to our group. "Good jo.b mate!" Harry yelled as Niall approached. He was still bloody and had bruises covering him all over. The way he walked showed he was already a bit sore. "Let's go. I need some sleep."

We all followed Niall to the tiny window. Harry went first, pulling rainy after him. Niall was next, he reached down a hand offering it to me. I grabbed it and he easily lifted me through. We said our goodbyes and climbed in his car. "Do you want me to drive?" I asked, surveying the cuts a bit more closely. He smirked "does that mean you'll come sleep with me if I say yes?" I laughed as he wiggled his eyebrows. "Just take us to your place. I'm too tired to argue." Realistically, i felt safer with him.BHe nodded, hitting the road.

Niall carefully made his way up the stairs to his apartment. The house was a mess really. Our food was still on the table and everything was littered around. Niall yawned and grabbed my hand, pulling me to his room and throwing his shirt off. I changed quickly as he laid in bed.

"What did you think?" He asked as I snuggled in to his soft sheets. I shrugged. "I think you're a good fighter." He threw an arm over my waist "did I make it look convincing?" "Huh?" I asked questioningly. "I let him hit me." He said tracing a pattern around my stomach. "Why?" I asked, wiping his cuts as they began trickling blood again. "It would be boring if I just beat him. I have to make it interesting." With that I heard him yawn, "goodnight chloes." I smiled, turning away from him "night Niall."