Chapter 3

Did he leave because he had to be somewhere else? Or because he doesn't like me? Why didn't he leave his number? How do I contact him when I only know his first name?

All these questions popped up in my head. Why do I even care? I barely know him. Yes, we had an amazing conversation and yes, he is absolutely stunning, but I shouldn't care, or should I? God, I'm so confused. I'm just going to meet Stefan, that might be the best idea.

Arriving at Stefan's, his brother Damon opens the door. "Good Morning Grace." "Morning Damon, is Stefan here?" Damon shakes his head. "No, he went out to get something, but Elena is here. You can come in if you want. I'm leaving in a minute, but you can talk to her." That's actually a good idea. Elena is one of my best friends, so she'll work just as good. Damon leaves and I enter the living room where Elena is sitting. "Hey Elena, I really need to talk to you." "Hey Grace, um sure, what's up?" "See I was just grabbing Starbucks yesterday, it got really late and I walked home. On my way there I met a man, his name is Enzo, and we talked and I invited him in and we drank tea and talked all night, but when I woke up, he was gone. He didn't leave his number or so and now I am confused. Shall I care? I probably shouldn't." She looked really concerned and also kinda shocked. "You invited him in?" That's her only question, seriously? "I know, I know, I shouldn't invite strangers to my house, but he was so handsome." She nodded. "Eh Grace, are you wearing that bracelet I gave you often?" "Sure Elena, I wear it every day. See?" I show her my wrist, where the bracelet she gave me is. "Lovely. It looks really good on you. And by the way, I have some herbal tea for you, it's actually really good. Let's have some tea now, what do you think?" I nod. So we go to the kitchen and drink some tea. "What do you think about a sleepover here?" "That is a great idea, sure let's do this."

An hour later, Stefan is back. I ran towards my best friend and hug him. "Hey, Elena invited me for a sleepover here, I hope that is okay with you." He gives me a serious look. "No sorry, Grace, I decided we have been friends for too long now and I feel like we should take a break, please leave." What? He can't do this to me. I look at him, totally shocked. He bursts out laughing. Idiot. "Hahahahaha, if you could see your face. Priceless. That was a stupid question, you can stay here anytime." "I hate you, Stefan. I really do. Stupid jerk." He laughs again. Then I told him the story about Enzo and believe it or not, he was asking nearly the same questions as Elena. Weirdos. Then Damon came in and we all decided to watch a movie. We decided to watch "The Jerk Theory". I swear, Josh Henderson looks so fucking hot in that movie. And Jenna Dewan-Tatum is my favourite actress. Yeah, you probably don't care about that, but anyway I tell you because I'm a fucking rebel. Okay, I'm weird.

So after the movie, we all drink bourbon.

Stefan and I go to the kitchen to chop up some strawberries. I accidently cut my finger and it starts bleeding. Then something weird happened to Stefan's face. I could only see it for a second, but it looked so different, his eyes were read and his skin... I don't know. I have never seen him like that. He immediately turned around. "Stefan, what is wrong? Your face..."