Chapter 6

I arrive at the Salvatore house. Stefan greets me with a warm hug. Damon sits in the living room and I sit down on the couch next to him, while Stefan orders food for all of us. Elena should be here in a couple of minutes too. "I'll make some tea." I tell Damon and go to the kitchen. I make some green tea, the vervain box catching my eye again. I open it and smell it. It's a nice smell, so I put it in the tea kettle as well. I place everything on a tray and bring it to the living room. Meanwhile, Elena has arrived.

I hand everyone a cup of tea. Suddenly, Stefan starts coughing uncontrollably. Oh my god, what is happening. "Stefan!" "What's wrong?" Damon asks. Stefan mumbles towards Damon, really quietly, but I still managed to hear it. "Vervain." Oh no. Is he allergic to that fucking herb? "Stefan, I'm so sorry. I didn't know you were allergic. Why do you store it here when you're allergic?" Stefan, who recovered by now, looks at me. "Don't worry, I'm fine. The tea was just really hot. Sorry for scaring you." Okay, kinda awkward. The tea wasn't really hot but well.

After eating our chinese food and watching a movie I leave to go home.
When I arrive there I lay down in my bed. I try to sleep but I can't. There's to much going on inside of my head.

Stefan was so weird today. The tea wasn't really hot. And how did he even know that there was vervain in there. It didn't taste any different than normal green tea. Since when do allergic reactions happen immediately. I mean sure they happen fast, but immediately? And the thing that happened with his face... What is happening to him. Why is he so different? I gotta find out.

The next morning I call my boss to tell him I'm ill and I can't come to work today. I know that no one is at the Salvatore house, so I go there. I go straight to Stefan's room. I never wanted to be a friend who does something like this, but if he's on drugs, then I need to find out. I gotta help him. I search his room for literally anything. All I can find are some really old books. From like 1864 to now. I decide to open one of them. The oldest one.

It's a diary. I just read over it a bit. Then I find something.

Damon and I met the most beautiful girl today. Her name is Katherine. But we're not fighting over her. We're the Salvatore Brothers, best friends. We can both be with her, but I'm not gonna lie, I want her all to myself. But I would never do that to Damon.

Damon? Salvatore Brothers? What the hell? Is this some kind of fictional story he wrote. I decide to look through some other "diaries". These are certainly not fictional. But they can't be Stefan's. They're way too old. I know he keeps a diary now, I just need to find it. I'm a terrible friend.
After a while, I find it. And against all my principles, I read it. At first, it seems to be a normal diary with normal secrets, unlike the other ones. But then I found something.