Chapter 4

"I just got something in my eyes. I'll be fine Grace." Stefan says, me still facing his back. "Let me see it Stefan, it didn't look like you've got something in your eye. It looked really bad. What is wrong Stefan?" He shakes his head. "Nothing. See? I'm fine." With that he turns around, and his face looks normal again.

"What? I swear it was something else. You looked so different, kinda scary actually. What was that Stefan?" I am so confused. "It was nothing. Can we stop talking about this now? There was nothing wrong." Is he fucking kidding me? Nothing wrong? "I know what I saw, and if you can't tell me, your best friend, what's wrong, I should better be going. Bye Stefan."

I turn around walking to the door, that's when Elena stops me. "Where are you going Grace?" Damon joins her, also wondering where I am heading. "I'm leaving, sorry guys. Something weird is up with Stefan. He doesn't wanna tell me and it pisses me off. I just wanted to know what happened to his face. And he is like 'I-just-got-something-in-my-eye'. Whatever, I'm leaving."

I try to make my way to the door, but Damon stops me. "No, stay. That's just a little fight. Maybe you have seen it wrong. After all, you're best friends, now stop acting like a 5-year old and get your ass in the living room. There is no way I'll let you leave this house alone so late." Ugh, whatever. I go to the living room and sit down. When Stefan enters, I ignore him. Elena and Damon leave the room to let us talk. Yeah thanks for your support guys. I really appreciate it. "See Grace, I don't know what you saw, but I swear to you I'm fine, okay? If there was something up with me, I'd tell you. But there isn't." "Ugh fine, it's really late and I'm tired. Let's go to bed.

We make our way to Stefan's room. I usually sleep in his room, because we're best friends and we don't mind sleeping in the same bed and it's actually quiet funny. We talk for hours and laugh before we finally fall asleep. When my mum died and my dad left, I was broken and I felt like I have nothing left. I was alone and didn't know where to go or what to do. It was Stefan who helped me get through that. He was always there to catch me when I fall. He's the best friend I could ever imagine.

When I woke up the next morning, I could smell pancakes. I love it when Damon makes pancakes. When he started, they were horrible, then they went from horrible to edible and now they are fantastic. When I entered the kitchen, Damon handed me a plate of pancakes with blueberries, raspberries and maple syrup drizzled over them.

After breakfast I get myself ready to go home. On my way there I stop at Starbucks to get my morning coffee. I listen to music on my iPhone and when I look down to change the song, I bump into someone. I look up and take a deep breath.

"Enzo."