WAITING FOR YOU.

TAEHYUN

"Son of a bitch, I thought I had that!" Jay's voice rages through the speakers of his mic as the TV in front of him flashed in victory after their intense game of Rocket League.

Taehyun chuckled as he watched the TV that showed their back-to-back goals in the round. If there was one thing that he learned over the past couple of years, it was that Jay hated losing at anything. Taehyun made sure to rub it in his face when he'd get the upper hand in games like these.

"You see that, I could've had that!" Jay's exasperated tone comes through on his mic as he gestures to a shot that he just barely missed.

"But you didn't," Taehyun teased.

"I know," Jay sighed, "How the fuck did you get so good suddenly? You were awful at Rocket League the last time we played, that's why I suggested it!"

Taehyun smirked a bit and peered at his younger half-brother, Seojun, who was sitting cross-legged on his bed. He was an extraordinary gamer that seemed to have a plan for everything. It was one of the reasons why he beat Taehyun so often when they'd play online together. Unlike Jay, Taehyun didn't get mad at his brother when he'd beat him.

Since the party at the Choi's house, he spent the next twelve hours playing video games. He wasn't tired after the party, and even if he was, how could he have slept after seeing his ex-boyfriend and also getting rejected by him? So, for the next twelve hours, he stayed up with Seojun and played various video games. It was a weekend for him that was quickly coming to an end. Taehyun didn't know how he'd busy himself when his siblings would be gone at school.

Jay had just gotten back from his vacation in the Bahamas and Taehyun decided to hop online with him. For the past two hours, they had played multiple rounds of Rocket League. Even now after playing video games for so many hours, Taehyun still didn't feel like he could fall asleep, despite the eye strain that was weighing on him. The game booted them back to the lobby screen after the previous round was over.

"I had so many messages from my agent when I got back yesterday," Jay muttered, "We spent nearly two hours talking on the phone when I was quite frankly exhausted from jet lag. I just wanted to tell him to find me the best deal and argue for my money, but this guy goes on and on and talks about roster dynamics and food in different states."

Taehyun chuckled as he listened. This time of the year was a busy time for sports agents for MLB players. His agent, Namjoon, seemed to never stop working. Even after his baseball season was over, that's when the busy season of contract signings and negotiations started. Jay was in a similar position as him. The two of them got called up at the same time and their rookie contracts were set to expire. They had a choice to make; they could stay in Oakland, or sign with another team.

"You could come over to my agency," he recommended, "Namjoon might be interested in taking another baseball client."

"I would, but I'm locked in for a few more years," Jay muttered before releasing a heavy sigh that made his mic pop in his ears. "This is what I get for signing a contract when I'm nineteen."

"Happens to the best of us," Taehyun said before asking, "You don't mind if my brother is in here, right? He won't say anything, I promise."

"No, of course not," Jay told him, "I'm surprised a dirt sheet hasn't been written about me already. I tend to talk a lot about my contract to people I shouldn't."