FAMILY

My name is Eva, for now. This is my eighteenth day on Pandora. Surprising, right? I was also surprised when I realized that. Everything went so fast, maybe because I started to feel crazy. Yeah, I've been through a lot here, some of my works I've presented to Spencer and Dr. Zoya. They had enough of the result, but Spencer still wanted more than that.

''This is all you found?''

"That's my new work and I just finished-"

“Come on, Eva. I already believe in you! I knew you could get something beyond this.” Spencer patted Eva's shoulder encouragingly.

Just you know, his pretty face is turning into a bitch now. Can he appreciate a little bit of my works coming from working overtime for those four days?!

Yeah, even so, there's something else I want to tell you. I mustered up the courage to ask permission from Dr. Zoya had gun training with Tommy and do you guys know the answer? She allowed it! That's great, right? I actually practiced a few days ago, but I just told this now.

''Tommy!'' Eva called while banging on the white table, where the man she called was busy eating his lunch. His shocked and confused face refleks looked at Eva who was still catching her breath. The girl had difficulty breathing because she had just run from the lab to the cafeteria, which was quite far between the two rooms.

''What?!''

''She allowed it!''

“Dr. Zoya?” Eva nodded quickly with a smile on her face. Thomas chuckled and said, “Okay, wait for me to finish my lunch. Then we'll go practice."

Thomas taught me very… patiently. Tissa also accompanied me to practice. There was an interesting agreement between Thomas and I at that time…

''Hey, Eva!''

"Yes, what's wrong, dad?" Thomas sighed as he looked at Eva with an irritated face.

"I suddenly thought of something."

''What's that?''

''What if I teach you to shoot, and you teach me how to use a knife?'' Eva turned her eyes from the target to the man who had been standing beside her.

"You want to learn how to use a knife?" Thomas nodded doubtfully. His face was reluctant to say that he also wanted to be able to use a knife like Eva. Eva laughed while nodding her head. ''Okay.''

Funny, isn't it? He still seems jealous of me hahaha! We… practiced when we had some free time while doing operation forest mission, but it seemed like gunshots were distracting Dum. He was often angry with me and chose to leave me, even though I needed him in my mission. You know, like a guide in Pandora's forest, so Dum is very precious to me. Usually I do something to persuade him back.

“Dum-Dum! I'm sorry. I promise I won't do it again here."

''Let's go home! I have a lot of biscuits in my pocket.” Eva shouted towards the tall trees where she saw Dum's tail above, the creature hiding itself from Eva.

''It seems he doesn't want to be friends with you anymore.'' Thomas answered with his hands on his waist, but his eyes also looked curious about what Dum was doing up there.

"You won't be able to do any more missions without Dum."

''Shut up! You're making things worse." Eva annoyed.

The girl still didn't want to give up trying to persuade Dum down from up there. She raised high the three packs of biscuits she was carrying, hoping that Dum would get down from there.

This method is quite successful. No matter how angry he is at me, he will still come back… for the biscuits. Yes, biscuits.

So… Because of that, I decided to train in the guards' quarters. A little awkward, but what else can I do? After all, if there were gunshots in the forest, wouldn't that be dangerous, right?