5: THE DEVIL'S EYE

Dreams are a crazy thing. What is dreamt is something many people mistake as the reality. Sometimes, it’s just not some story your mind has made up, it is also something you could never get over. 

Dreams are something which occurs when you sleep. It either leaves your chest heaving or fills you with emotions you can’t describe to someone. Some say that a dream blends your life and helps you in solving real-life problems. But is it really true?

For Hongjoong, it wasn’t. He would shiver at just the thoughts of dreams, dreams that would come to him, to haunt him. To say the least, it was not a thing Hongjoong was into, it was something he highly undesired. He is falling in deep, but he could never decipher where. 

Something is happening and Hongjoong knows it. But why is he even running away from it? Perhaps, that’s the only way to trust himself. If he doesn’t run away from it, he is never going to forgive himself even if it was never his fault. 

What did he even do to deserve that? 

Hongjoong was never the one he is now. 

“Oh, you did it!” Leez clapped his hand in glee as he swiveled on his chair to face Hongjoong. He jumped off and darted towards Hongjoong with his face pulled in a blithe look. Hongjoong lethargically nodded his head and raised his hands to give the rolled map back to Leez as he sat down on the chair with a sigh. 

He ran a hand through his black hair as it was clouding his vision. He held it back for a minute, mindlessly staring at the marble floor which was overcasted by the shadows of the atrocious desk filled with different tools Leez used for his extraordinary experiment. 

 Hongjoong looked ruined, spent as if he had drunk his night away. He looked as if he had been beaten to death but managed to rise up anyway. A walking dead zombie would be a perfect word to describe him. Even after treating his dreadful wounds, Hongjoong was still covered with angry bruises along his arms and neck. 

Some random person would think Hongjoong has been claimed by an Alpha but no, he was actually thumped heavily. Speaking of the devil, where is he now? Hongjoong decided to shift his mind from the unpleasant thoughts, or Wrath to be clear.

 He looked at the grimy window, the sky was murky as rain poured in soft drizzle. He was taken back to that night. While Leez shoved papers here and there, Hongjoong focused on nothing. His mind was fuzzy with all of the unbearable thoughts and a migraine had taken over too. 

Now he regrets not sleeping for too long. Usually, Hongjoong was never a fan of slumber, he would go fine with nights where he would barely sleep. But this time, it had affected him badly. Maybe the nights without sleep were coming at him for not allowing himself to rest.

“By the way, how did you find out? Mind showing it to me?” 

Leez stopped midway to turn his attention to Hongjoong with a quirked eyebrow. The said guy was still unbothered as the theorist's words went right above his head and faded in the mist in the back of the room. That was until he was tapped on his shoulder and almost jumped out of his skin.

“Ah,no, not at all. Give me the map.” Hongjoong nodded with an awkward smile as Leez gestured at the roll of paper on his desk, untouched. Hongjoong nodded his head again and unrolled the paper before pinpointing at one of the places.

“Rennes,” with agile fingers, he slid them point at another place. “Le mans,” Hongjoong looked at Leez from the corner of his eyes who had an amusing smile on his face. “Orleans and Bourges,” He was distressed just by doing tiny things, gulping and sighing from time to time. 

“Remove Le Mans. Rennes, Orleans and Bourges, O-R-B and L: Le mans. Makes no sense, yes, but the places on the map form a rough L, look. That indicates the L at the end, Le Mans.” Hongjoong moved his finger on the places in a line, drawing an invisible L.