10: THE L AND MADRID

(I have never been to Spain so bear with me, please. Also, violence and blood warning. New character introduced.)

They soon set for Spain, Yeosang revealing that he may be a good help because he knows how to use his fighting skills more than well. Hongjoong had been surprised, but kept it suppressed. Of course, he misjudged. It could have been a paradox, with Yeosang looking so frail but actually has more muscles than Hongjoong could ever fantasize of.

Hongjoong felt so outborn when he took in the fancy stores, streets and hues. Not that France couldn’t offer this illecebrous yet cimmerian ambience simultaneously, but there was something about Spain that attracted tourists. Something that had Hongjoong gape at everything around him.

Be it the perfect sense of fashion or gilded store doors at every step. Seonghwa seemed relaxed as he luxuriated in everything, he winked at women and men that walked around as they giggled to themselves when Seonghwa would blow a kiss.

Hongjoong feigned a gag, covering his mouth and grimacing when Seonghwa gave him the same wink. “Ew, get off, Wrath, you are disgusting.” Seonghwa pouted at that, eyes big like a noctivagus owl, complete contrast of his face back in Saudi. There, he almost looked agelost. 

Guess it had to do with the sight of pretty girls and sexy men Seonghwa gawked at.

“Okay but listen to me, how about we go to a club tonight? We’ll keep an eye on everything but enjoy ourselves too? Only you and me, because it is manifesting that these two are not up for joining.” And he was back at his petulant mein. 

Hongjoong took a sneak behind him at the mention of Yeosang and Jongho to see them conversing timidly. They were in complete oblivion while Seonghwa and Hongjoong quietly chuckled at them like highschool teenagers when they would spot their favorite couple together. 

“Yeah, they wouldn’t come along. But you can go, I won’t tag with you because I have to catch up on sleep and treat my wounds thanks to you.” Hongjoong waved off with a glare, and almost felt being placed into peril. If he won’t be able to fight if they get attacked, he will throw a rod at Seonghwa. 

They didn’t have ample time for idle talks and lots of rest, but Hongjoong knows how to use the best of the given time. At least, Hongjoong is thoughtful about himself and not skipping slumber. He wouldn’t be a zombie morrow, unlike an idiot Seonghwa. 

“Hey, you challenged me! Let’s go, we will have lots of fun! I promise you. please.” Seonghwa replied treacherously, pointing an accusing finger at Hongjoong.

“What, what! Am I witnessing The Seonghwa pleading? Why, king, have you been dethroned?” He gasped and covered his mouth, Seonghwa rolling his eyes at the drama. “No thanks, I'd rather sleep.” Hongjoong ironically dismissed and teased, before entering the glass door of the hotel they were going to stay in. 

Seonghwa followed Hongjoong like a young boy who pleaded his mother to listen to him while he kilig about his school and his crush noticing him. The difference was that Hongjoong was evidently not Seonghwa’s mother and neither was Seonghwa begging Hongjoong to listen about his school crush. Instead, this guy was beseeching Hongjoong to join him in a club and spend his night away, drinking.

Not that Hongjoong didn’t want to go. He wanted to, and it might also be a big help in them keeping their eyes out if something strange decided to take place.

The thing was that Hongjoong didn’t want to lose himself tomorrow, he had already drained a lot of his energy by fist-fighting with Seonghwa in the morning and then traveling for almost nine hours. He had no more energy to waste on drinks.