𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐗

𝐒𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 2022
𝐍𝐎𝐖,

𝐏𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐀𝐆 from the co-driver's seat she squinted her eyes through the sunglasses and walked the cobblestone road towards the football field Ji-Su had his game set.

Adjusting the bag to her shoulder, she swayed her hips and hummed a low tune she used to sing to her son.

The weather was one of the finest she has seen lately, with the sun shining brightly in the clear sky and the cool breeze of Semyeong hitting her cheeks in a soft graze.

"Mama!" she heard the sing-song voice of her little angel and she grinned brightly, laughing softly when she felt Ji-Su hug her with all his might.

Chuckling, she ruffled his dark hair slightly and hummed. "Ji-Su, oh my own heart!"

He giggled and grabbed her by her hand to move her in the football field.

Many parents were already there, some tucking their children - making sure they are ready - and others talked among themselves.

"Slow down my prince." she laughed and saw the twitch in his lips as he looked up to her.

"Mama, can I go play with Ye-Sol?" asked Ji-Su, eyes filled with love and innocence, a memory of giggling and pillow fighting came in mind.

She smiled adoringly and nodded "Of course you can."

He hugged her tightly and he was off to go and play with Ye-Sol, his cousin.

Sighing softly, she went to the side of the field and averted her eyes from Ji-Su for only a few moments to grab her packet of cigarettes. Opening the paper made box, her red painted fingernails grabbed a long cigarette, before positioning it on her awaiting lips.

Ready to grab her matches, the sound of a heavy metal lighter's can snapping open made her insides burn. She knew that distinctive sound. She had memorized it by now, learnt it by heart and made the imprints it left behind hers.

Glancing up she saw the lighter in front of her and the characteristic orange glow of the hot fire had her bend lightly to light up her killer-mind.

The hair on her nape rose up and trailed goosebumps on her body. The fire heated up her cheeks and the echo of the burning cigarette had her inhale softly.

"I don't remember you smoking Dal." he peeped from beside her.

"Yeah, well, things changed I guess."

She grabbed the cigarette to puff out the nicotine from her lungs. The familiar burning feeling on her airway had her relaxing slightly.

"Don't I know it." he scoffed and turned to watch the match start.

Ji-Su was a defense player, something he inherited from her. Though, Ye-Sol was an offense player, like her mom.

And dad.

Shaking her head, her straightened hair moved softly from side to side, making the sunlight brighten her dark hair.

"What is it you want, Jae-Sung?" she suddenly questioned, it was a nagging feeling that she couldn't get rid off, and he was the only one that could make her feel like that.

"I want to mend things." he responded.

Inhaling one last, long puff of her cigarette, she let the smoke leave her lips in a cloudy mist.

"I don't want to drown in my own misery in the end Jae. So make sure it's worth it."

Dropping the cigarette on the ground, she stepped on it and turned around to meet his eyes. Oh, his handsome eyes. Identical to their son and the only ones she will ever fall in love with.

Those eyes she woke up next to. Those eyes that held the world inside them, those specific irises that made her feel dizzy, so drunk and high everytime they collided with her cold ones.

"Jae-Sung," she bit her lip "I want you to come back home." and snatched from inside her bag the papers of the deferment of their divorce.

And if happiness could be described in one look, then his eyes shined brighter than any starlight in the night sky.

His almost tearful gaze grabbed the papers and gazed at them with an unreadable expression. After a heartbeat or two full of intense tension between them, he looked up and a tear landed on his dark suit.

With one final move, he grasped her shoulders in a hold that seemed so tight - but in reality it felt like feather lights on her skin - and tugged her smaller body in an enstrange hug.

It felt so right to be in his arms again, but her logic mind screeched at her to remove herself from destruction. Though, if he was her destruction she gladly embraced it with her whole body and heart. Because, after a year and a half of being apart she couldn't resist acknowledging the depressive thoughts she had consumed herself in his departure time-line.

Clasping her tightly around her waist, his strong arms secured around her in a warm hug. She let her fingers dance over his muscular back and let her body be desperately consumed by his perfume.

She closed her eyes and sighed. Normally, she would feel so bare in front of a human being with showing so much emotion and letting her guard down. But it was Jae-Sung, and Jae-Sung knew her better than her own self.

"I missed having you in my arms." he mumbled lightly. And moved his hands to sit on her lower waist.

"I know." she whispered softly.

"So," he finally said with a grin that showed his dimples. "what do you say? Let's go home."

Blinking, she set her eyes where he had them too. On Ji-Su's form that was now looking at them with his child like smile.

"Yeah, let's go home."

𝐂𝐎𝐏𝐘𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓® 2023

𝐒𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞 :

Heheh :3

You are not ready for this to begin.

Comment and vote!

-Ella<3