Chapter 25 - Reckless

You finally spoke then you were safely in Sodo's room. "What the hell was that?"

"Sorry, Pittore, given my reputation, there are few other reasons I can think of that I would be in that room with another person," he went about fixing his hair.

"No, that makes sense...." You perched on the empty fold-out.

"_____?" Sodo grumbled out of his bedroom, wearing only track pants and a blanket wrapped around him. "Oohoo look at you two," he flashed his teeth. "Finally up for fucking, huh, _____? Am I next on your list, huh?"

You felt Papa's makeup on your face. "Nah, just failed espionage."

"Espionage? And I wasn't invited?... didn't kill someone without me, did you?"

"No, not yet. Seemed like you needed you're uh, beautiful sleep," Papa referred to the blanket cape.

"I meant how you just spoke to Omega; what the hell was that?"

"Oh, yes, ghouls can't really lie to their masters; I was verifying what he would be telling Sister."

"Sister?! Now I am intrigued... but he's right, we're still demons in some respect; the truth is truth, but how much do we give?" Sodo came to laze beside you. "Fuck, you smell good." He licked his teeth. "Really sold the cover, huh?"

"And you trust Omega?" You ignored Sodo's sniffing.

"I think he knows when you're around and is ensuring you hear things you shouldn't." He called, walking into Sodo's bathroom and returning with makeup remover. He tossed you a pad and went about removing what was left of his.

"That was messy, wasn't it? When Omega transferred? I've always wondered about that," Sodo wondered.

"That, si. Massive cock up... I don't really want to talk about it." He looked you over and squinted. "Is.. interesting though, I'll keep it in mind, Pittore; how are you feeling?"

"Super fucking holy," you grimaced.

"Ew, sorry to hear it," Sodo wrinkled his nose.

"You know, don't you? You must have known," you wiped at your neck and eyed Sodomiser.

"Known what~?" His tail curled.

"I am.. likely, could always not be.." though that was looking less unlikely, "a nephilim... gross."

"That's what that is?" He followed his nose to your shoulder. "I've met nephilim, most people don't know what they got, and it's so mixed into humanity... no... I mean, I can see it, but also no."

"And what the hell does that mean?"

He just shrugged, looking aloof as ever.

"You've met archangels, Sodomizer..." Papa began.

"You've met archangels?" You frowned.

"Bait, I've killed archangels," he had a quiet smugness about the fact. "No, you don't smell like any I have met."

"Do the other ghouls think I smell good, or are you just biased? Am I your 'personal brand of heroin'?"

"What? No?"

"Ha. Yes, I got that reference," Papa laughed from behind the counter where he was pouring a glass of water.

"I thought you were the least likely to," you frowned.

"I study communication Pittore; for something to gain such popularity, there is no way I'd miss it."

"Papa Terzo studied twilight for tips on how to ensnare people to the church... more you know," you mumbled and crashed backwards, having rid yourself of the last of Terzo's makeup. You sighed softly.