eighteen

Lorenzo and Delancy were walking through the corridors after helping Draco return to the dorms, claiming they wanted some couple time. They hadn't seen Atena since she walked out of the hospital wing, but Mattheo reassured Draco she would be there in the morning to open presents together.

The couple came to a stop in front of the random blank wall, and in a matter of seconds, a door began to appear, enlarging and then coming to a stop. Lorenzo held Delancy's hand as he pulled her through the door, and they watched it shrink completely behind them. The room held a small living room, and a comfortable king sized bed in the back. Lorenzo sat on the couch, pulling Delancy into his side.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" He asked, smiling down at her.

"A Christmas movie, obviously." Delancy grinned.

Lorenzo's smile grew and he reached for the remote, turning on the tv and flipping through channels. He settled upon a movie called Prancer, after getting Delancy's agreement. Lorenzo reached for some of the popcorn on the dining table and handed it to Delancy for her to eat.

Delancy leaned her head on Lorenzo's shoulder, and he put his head on top of hers.

"I love you." Delancy suddenly spoke.

"I love you too, beautiful." Lorenzo replied quietly, and kissed her forehead. "Delancy?"

"Yeah?"

"I know I said I'd wait until we leave school, but-"

"Shut up, you're joking."

"You genuinely make me the happiest man in the world. I think I could die happy knowing I've gotten to meet you. You are the light in my dark times, you show me there's more to life then just disappointment. Delancy, will you marry me?"

Lorenzo reached into his pocket and pulled out a ring box. "I got this in Hogsmeade a few months ago."

Delancy hesitantly took it from his grasp, and opened it, gasping. The band of the ring was silver, with a green sapphire in the middle and diamonds next to it that met all the way in the back.

"So." Lorenzo began. "Will you marry me?"

"Yeah. Yeah I'll marry you." Delancy grinned, and Lorenzo gently took the ring out of the box, and grasped her hand, sliding it onto her ring finger.

Lorenzo smiled, and glanced up at Delancy. He leaned in and passionately kissed her, one hand on her jaw and the other on her waist. She kissed him back, hands snaking around his neck and getting tangled in the ends of his hair.

"I think this calls for celebration don't you think?" Lorenzo whispered, pulling away. Delancy nodded and they both stood up, heading towards the bed.

The next morning came quicker than expected, and the group minus Atena were all sitting down in the common room, waiting for Atena to arrive before they began to open presents.

"When's she gonna wake up?" Mattheo groaned, desperate like a little kid.

"Have some patience, dimwit." Draco told him, rolling his eyes as he flipped through the Daily Prophet.

"I have done nothing to you." Mattheo glared.

"You existed." Lorenzo snorted, and Delancy hit him on the chest, albeit she was trying her hardest not to laugh.

Mattheo ignored him. "Lancy can you please go wake her up?"

"Just open your presents now. Except the one that Atena got you. Open that when she comes down." Delancy replied, sick of his whining.

Mattheo grinned and reached under the tree, pulling out Draco's present to him. He ripped open the packaging, and all that was in it was a pair of socks that had "stupid fuck" all over them. Mattheo turned to Draco, in shock.

"Is this really my gift?" He asked.

"No, you stupid fuck, check under the tree, I got you an actual one." Draco smiled, finding it amusing.

Mattheo sighed in relief, and reached under, grabbing Draco's other serious present, and carefully undoing the bow, and then furiously ripping into it like a dog.

"Jeez, calm down." Delancy breathed, surprised at her brother's excitement.

Mattheo opened the small box inside, and there was a silver watch, that had two snakes as the hands on the clock. "Cool." He grinned, and put it on immediately.

"You like it?" Draco questioned.

"No I hate it. Next present!" Mattheo joked, and reached under, grabbing Lorenzo's gift to him. He ripped open the bag it came in, and pulled out a muggle record, as well as some new spell books, after Mattheo had been complaining all school year that his was falling apart.

"I never thought I'd be grateful to get school supplies as a present." Mattheo told him, and Lorenzo laughed. Mattheo pulled out Delancy's present, and pulled the bag open, taking out the jeans and jacket that she had gotten him.

"I've been wanting a leather jacket for so long! Thanks Lancy." Mattheo grinned.

Footsteps on the stairs distracted them, and Atena came down. She didn't say anything, and instead just walked straight up to Draco.

"Is it true?" She asked him.

"What?" Draco replied, confused.

Atena reached down and grabbed his arm, pulling his sleeve up. The dark mark sat on his forearm, unmoving and Atena scoffed.

"Did you know about this?" She turned to the rest of the group. No one said anything.

Atena nodded. "Alright."

She left the common room, and Draco stood up, running after her.

"Atena! Wait up." Draco yelled, trying to get her to stop.

"What the fuck do you want me to say, Draco? You joined the fucking people that murdered my father." Atena shouted back at him, and continued walking. Draco grabbed her hand, spinning her around to face him.

"Let me go." She pleaded, tears spilling out her eyes.

"Atena, please." Draco reasoned, his own eyes filling with tears. "You don't understand."

His grasp on Atena began to tighten as she tried to pull away. "Draco. You're hurting me"

Fear pooled in her eyes. The man who she once knew now seemed unrecognizable. Not his features, of course, but his personality. The man who she once trusted scared her. The man who comforted her about her father's death, was now apart of them. The man she loved, had now broken her trust.

"Atena please." Draco's voice broke. "Look at me the same. Please."

Atena pulled her hands out of his grasp. "We're done Draco."

She stormed off, and Draco collapsed to his knees in the corridor. She was gone. The love of his life was gone. The only reason Draco hadn't tried to take his life for, was gone. She feared him, even. Sobs racked through Draco's body, and someone sat down beside him.

"That was tense." Mattheo commented quietly, and he wrapped his arms around Draco's shoulder's comfortingly.

"I don't wanna talk about." Draco cried, body shaking. It felt as though he couldn't breathe, the shuddering breathes he managed to take lasted a few seconds at best.

"Draco. Breathe in. It's alright." Mattheo commanded, desperate to help his bestfriend.

Mattheo pulled him into his arms.

"Do you think she'll ever forgive me?" Draco sobbed, muffled by Mattheo's clothes.

"Do you want the truth or what you want to hear?" Mattheo hesitantly asked.

"The truth."

"No. She won't."

Draco sobbed harder, wetting Mattheo's shirt. Atena was gone.

Atena was gone.

The woman he loved was gone.

The woman he planned on marrying was gone.

She was gone.