epilogue

A child's light giggles filled the air, and Delancy's child came bouncing up to her. 

"Mummy! Are the cookies done?" The young daughter giggled, excitedly jumping up and done.

"Yes they are." Delancy grinned. "Go tell Blaise, alright?"

The daughter giggled and nodded, running off. Delancy smiled, and rearranged the cookies on the plate. She sighed, taking off her apron, and looking out the window. She frowned when she noticed the dead flowers on Lorenzo's grave that she had made in the backyard.

Delancy walked over, grabbing some fresh flowers from the living room vase and walked outside. She picked up the dead ones, and put the new ones down. Just as she was about to walk off, she felt compelled to stay. Delancy sighed and sat down, leaning against the side of the tombstone.

"Hi Lorenzo." She began. "I try to limit myself when I do this, but for some reason, it's almost as if I feel like I have too."

Delancy smiled, remembering fond memories of him. "You were my first love. It's quite sad how I can barely remember the sound of your voice, the way you hugged me, the way you kissed me, the way you cuddled me. I can only remember the way you undoubtedly loved me. You know, Amber still doesn't know you're her father. I'm trying to hold off. I fear it'll break me to tell her."

Blaise looked out the kitchen window and noticed his wife sitting down near Lorenzo's tombstone. He smiled sadly, knowing she was still heartbroken by it. She would never not be heartbroken.

"Maybe in another life you and me could be together. Sometimes I wish I had never met you, so I wouldn't know the heart break of not knowing you. Not having you around. I love you forever and ever Lorenzo."

She stood up, and weakly smiled at Blaise and Amber playing. Sometimes, she liked to imagine it as Lorenzo and Amber playing, but she knew that was unfair to Blaise.

Maybe in another life, Birkshire.