-~ Chapter Three ~-

"Ah, Y/N! I was wondering when you'd show up," Jax said, petting Malice (my emo cat), and overall acting like a cartoon villain. I rolled my eyes.

"Mhm, great to see you here, unexpectedly, without invitation or permission," I complained with obvious sarcasm. The man on the couch chuckled smugly.

"Well, this is technically my place." Damnit, I hate when he's right.

He bought the place for me along with all the furniture, as well as paying half the rent for me. The last time I nagged him too much about showing up without warning, he changed to locks on me.

I walked over and sat down heavily on the couch, Jax observing me from the opposite end. Malice was quick to make her way to me, stretching out on my lap. I smiled and scratched behind her ears, both hearing and feeling her purrs.

Through the interaction, I was aware of the eyes on me. In turn, I lifted my head and looked slightly to the right of Jax's face.

"So what the hell did you want, anyway?" I inquired. "As I already mentioned, my lady shall be out of her prison soon," he began.

"Please, just get to the point quickly, I still need to make dinner," I muttered with a sigh. The man next to me simply widened his smile, pure white eyes seeming to stare into my soul.

"I have an errand for you, for my lady," he said, a smug tone in his voice. I raised a brow, intrigued. "How am I to help our lady?" I questioned.

It had bugged me that he only referred to her as "his lady" when we both served her.

"I have sourced a key that can open any lock. I need you to find a way to get this key to the Demon Bull Family, they will do exactly what we need." I nodded, already thinking about what we could do.

Regrettably, spoilers, I never thought of just giving them the key, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I was broken out of my thoughts by Jax's loud voice asking me: "So, what's for dinner?" I slightly glared at him, but immediately gave in. I didn't want to get locked out again. "Lemon spaghetti." This satisfied the man, and he turned on the TV as I went into the kitchen.

⌜                                              ⌝
Listening To: Trust Flower
━━━━─────────────●──
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤ  ↻
⌞                                              ⌟

The next day confused me; Pigsy didn't open up shop. I don't know how long I stood in front of the shop, simply staring at the "Closed, come back later!" sign. It was 12 P.M on a Tuesday, three hours later than when the shop should've opened.

Suddenly, I heard and felt a very loud rumbling. I turned in the direction the noise was coming from, now even more confused.

I saw MK, Mei, and a buff blue dude with an orange mohawk and beard.

As for the loud noise? The group was in a boat. A fucking boat, driving down the street. I decided to jump on the boat from the side, startling the trio inside.

"Mind explaining why Pigsy didn't open today?" I asked casually as if I hadn't just hopped onto a fast-moving vehicle with ease.

"Piggy and Tangy got lured into the nightmare hole!" Mei yelled out so I could hear her over the wind. I tilted my head before yelling back: "You say that as if I know what the nightmare hole is!"

"Basically, they got kidnapped by a gross spider demon," MK said, clearly scared, disgusted, or both of spiders. I nodded, satisfied with this answer.

I wondered if this was the same spider demon that Bone Demon was planning to "help" before getting imprisoned, the train of thought led me to the memory of my lady being "defeated," and I wrinkled my nose.