-~ Chapter Four ~-

After we all got beck to Pigsy's Noodles (after a quiet and decently awkward walk there), we sat down at the counter. Pretty much all eyes were on me, and I shifted in discomfort.

"So, you gonna explain?" MK asked, tilting his head a little. I tensed up, glancing to the side. For the moment, I decided I'd be oblivious.

"I uh, y'know, have a fear of deep waters and all, like oce-"

Before I could give stupid examples of bodies of water, Pigsy cut me off.

"Oh, stop playing dumb Y/n, what was going on with your eyes?" he commanded.

I adjusted the way I was sitting so my ankles crossed as I looked at the floor, taking a moment to think.

I can't tell them my powers are from My Lady, one of these guys is in direct contact with the Monkie King. Ah shit, you've been quiet for too long, make something up!

"I-I woke up with powers one day, I don't know where they came from." There, now I only told a half-lie.

"And what are these powers?" Tang asked, pulling a book and pen from seemingly nowhere. I messed with some of my hair for a second, looking out one of the windows.

"Mind reading. I can hear the thoughts of a specific target of my choice from up to a mile away, though sometimes I hear random thoughts when my subconscious thinks it's important," I said, going into more detail gor the scholar's notes. He quickly wrote things down, giving a small "fascinating."

I shifted my gaze to look at Mei and MK, seeing their eyes practically shining. I sweatdropped at their excitement, and I could already guess what one of them would ask.

"What am I thinking right now?" There it was. The inquiry came from Mei, and I lightheartedly rolled my eyes as they turned blue for a moment.

The great thing about this entire conversation is I technically only told one lie, which was that I didn't know where my power came from. Other than that, I was just hiding the full truth, you could say.

There were a few other things my powers could do, but I didn't need them to know that. It might interfere with the plans when uh... when the time comes.

Listening To: Trust Flower
━━━━─────────────●──
⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷

A few days later, I was in the Demon Bull Family's hideout, making the most of my break. I was busy observing the progress of My Lady's tomb getting dug up from a shadowy alcove. It was going without a hitch so far, and I could tell by the blue in the Demon Bull King's eyes that power was seeping out already.

My attention was suddenly snatched by the Demon Bull Prince, Red... something. I had mostly tuned hum out as she was speaking, since whatever race they talked about had nothing to do with me.

Until that was, this sentence: "Whoever wins this race will live forever!"

I tilted my head slightly while looking at the demon, waiting for her to continue. However, they became frustrated as he saw his parents not paying any attention.

"Are you two even listening?" she complained loudly.

"I'm listening," I thought, though I used some power to let the prince hear it. This caused Red Dude's eyes to turn the same color as their father's for a moment, leaving him bewildered when the blue faded.