Prologue: Origins

Gotham City:

June's POV:

I'm in the hospital waiting room in Gotham City. My son, Y/N, is currently in the Emergency Room after getting infected with some kind of disease. His classmates are also there with him infected with the same disease, which is why the other parents are here. I'm preparing for the worst.

June's Mind: Please, Y/N... please be okay...

???: Relax, June

???: Relax, June. I'm sure he's fine.

This is a demon that's living inside me, The Enchantress.

Enchantress: I mean, he is your son. And you're immune to all illnesses thanks to me. Or did you forget?

June's Mind: That's just it, Enchantress. No spirits are living in him! What if he doesn't survive?

Enchantress: We don't even know if this virus is deadly. As much as I hate doctors and technology, I'm sure they'll figure it out.

June's Mind: (worried) He's only a teenager. How did this even happen?!

Enchantress: In case you forgot, his school went on a little field trip to Ace Chemicals. A group of criminals attacked that place while said field trip was going on, some of the chemicals spilled on all the students including Y/N, and here we are.

June's Mind: (angry) What the hell was the school thinking sending students to Ace Chemicals?! And wasn't there security at Ace Chemicals? You'd think with everything going on in Gotham City, security would be doubled!

Enchantress: Who knows? Maybe the school knew the students would be in danger.

June's Mind: Yeah, I guess so. But if that's the case, we might not be safe here anymore.

Enchantress: June, this is Gotham. Since when was it ever safe? And don't say when Batman first showed up.

Right when I was about to respond to Enchantress...

RIIIINNG. RIIIIIINNGG. RIIIIING.

I take out my phone to see who's calling me.

June's Mind: What the hell does he want?

I answer.

June: Hello?

???: Hey, June.

June: Now's not the best time, Zatara. 

Zatara: I know. Batman has informed me of what transpired at Ace Chemicals. Is your son alright?