Chapter 3

______________________

Mikan and Megumi embarked on their one-week trial period, aiming to become friends with their classmates.

Mikan felt awkward as she looked around the class, while Megumi studied her classmates with calculating eyes, causing some to shudder. Suddenly, she heard someone stuttering behind her, prompting her to turn around.

"Uh... um, welcome to Elementary Division Class B, Miss Sakura and Miss Fushiguro! I'm Yuu Tobita, the class representative. You might be confused in a class like this, but if you don't understand anything, please feel free to ask me," he said, scratching his head nervously.

"Yo, class rep! Who are they?" a floating boy asked, leaving Mikan in shock as she witnessed someone flying. Before Yuu could explain, he was interrupted.

"I overheard them talking at the gates. They're the new kid that Naru brought in," a boy with glasses chimed in, engrossed in his book. Megumi grew warier and moved to stand behind Hotaru.

"The ability to float and extraordinary hearing are not all that surprising here at Alice Academy," Hotaru commented, observing the impressed and stunned expression on Mikan's face. Hotaru leaned backward and caught Megumi's attention.

"Mikan, hey! I said Mikan," Hotaru called out, but Mikan remained distracted. Frustrated, Hotaru decided to slap Mikan with a horseshoe. "I don't know what kind of Alice ability you have, but let me tell you one thing—we are complete strangers here, okay? I'm aiming for the Best Student Award this year, and I don't want to get involved in your troubles. Understand?" Hotaru narrowed her eyes at Mikan before turning to the quiet Megumi.

"Megumi, if you need any help, you can ask me anything, okay?" Hotaru said softly, and Megumi nodded in response. Mikan, witnessing this interaction, felt her eyes welling up with tears at the perceived favoritism. "Whaaa! That's favoritism, Hotaru!!!" Mikan exclaimed. Megumi locked eyes with Mikan and smirked, causing Mikan's eyes to widen.

Megumi then turned to Mikan and began explaining, "This school isn't like normal schools, and you'll have a lot to deal with. But good luck anyway." Hotaru waved and entered the classroom, leaving Mikan outside the door.

"This is our new friends, Mikan Sakura and Megumi Fushiguro. Everyone, please be nice to them," the teacher announced, guiding them to the front of the classroom.