Chapter 6

____________________________________________________________________________

Mikan stood in shock, her heart sinking as she discovered she had been ranked at the bottom, labeled as a "no-star." The news spread like wildfire through the classroom, eliciting surprised reactions from her classmates.

"Are you serious, Jinjin?!"

"That new girl is unbelievable."

"It's unheard of to have a no-star, even in the A division's kindergarten!"

Amidst the flurry of gossip, Yuu looked at Mikan with concern evident in his eyes. He approached her and asked, "Are you alright, Mikan?" However, Mikan remained silent, still reeling from the overwhelming shock.

In the background, Sumire's laughter pierced through the commotion. "I guess you truly are something. It's quite an achievement to become a no-star," Sumire sneered, emphasizing the "no-star" part.

Infuriated, Mikan quickly retorted, "And whose fault is this exactly?" Her voice carried anger as she shouted at Sumire, who merely averted her gaze, wearing a smug smile. "Hey! Stop making excuses for yourself. No matter how poorly we may behave, it's your own fault for receiving such punishment!" Sumire taunted. Before Mikan could approach her, Yuu intervened, preventing her from escalating the confrontation.

"Do you understand? Zero stars represent the lowest level. What right do you have to display such an attitude?" Sumire continued, her smirk widening. The students behind her joined in the gossip, their whispers filling the room.

"In this academy, do you even know what a star level signifies? You better educate yourself before acting out!" Sumire's words struck Mikan, leaving her stunned.

Amidst the tense atmosphere, Megumi suddenly spoke up, capturing everyone's attention. The classmates had momentarily forgotten about the presence of another new student. Sumire glared at Megumi, preparing to respond, but before she could utter a word, Megumi cut her off.

"Why don't you prove yourself and stop barking like a female dog? I almost mistook you for a real one," Megumi's sharp words pierced through the air, causing Natsume, seated beside her, to stifle a quiet chuckle. Luca, confused by the situation, turned to Natsume, seeking an explanation for his laughter. Natsume simply shrugged, refusing to disclose any details, leaving Luca perplexed. Some of the classmates, who understood the underlying meaning of Megumi's remark, stifled giggles of their own.