Chapter 4

________________________________________________________________________________

Inside the headquarters of the teachers, Narumi and the other faculty members were observing Mikan and her friends in the Northern Woods. "I believe the true entrance exam has commenced. Natsume is an astute young man, so I anticipated that he would sense something about her and test her himself," Narumi remarked, taking a sip of his tea.

"That's exactly the kind of thing that agitates Natsume!" Misaki chimed in, as he continued examining the papers.

Narumi's attention was drawn to Serina Yamada, the English teacher, who voiced her concerns. "Hey, Naru... Isn't this a bit too risky? Why are we using the Northern Woods to test a potential Alice student?" she inquired, her gaze fixed on the crystal ball.

"What if something goes wrong?" she further questioned. Narumi replied with confidence, "If something were to happen, we are always prepared to assist them. Besides, little Ms. Fushiguro would be furious if she witnessed her friend getting hurt. And, moreover, Mikan may hold the key to the future of everyone..."

As Narumi pondered the unique nature of Mikan's Alice, his thoughts also drifted to the other transfer student. 'Her Alice is unlike any other...'

________________________________________________________________________________

While Mikan was begrudgingly enduring her time in the Northern Woods, Megumi took the opportunity to study the area so she could visit whenever she pleased. As she was exploring, she overheard a conversation between Mikan, Hotaru, and the student council president. Hotaru's words caught her attention. "It's okay... as long as we're in this together, we want you to succeed. So try harder next time, okay?" Hotaru reassured Mikan. Suddenly, Megumi appeared before them, startling Mikan and Yuu, while Hotaru remained composed.

"Megumi, don't sneak up on us like that! You scared us!" Mikan exclaimed, while Yuu quietly stayed on the floor. Hotaru, with her usual calm demeanor, said, "Mikan, you're the only one who screamed. The class rep just jumped, and you jumped and screamed."

"Uh... never mind, let's get back to the topic," Mikan stuttered, attempting to change the subject. The four fell silent for a moment until Mikan spoke up again.