one

Hyunjins POV

I sat on the bleachers with the guys, watching the sporting event which was going on . The runners were on the track warming up whilst people cheered.

" who's that?" Asked seungmin, pointing to a boy in a green vest symbolizing that he was on the green team

" I dont know, maybe hes new?" I shrugged

" new kids don't get on the running team" felix replied " not quickly. "

" I've literally never seen him before " minho put his hands on his hips and sighed

"No , I know him" jisung smiled "hes in my physics class"

" oh, so hes smart." Changbin chuckled

" really smart " jisung nodded

" unlike hyunjin "

" that was uncalled for" I crossed my arms " but fair."

" I reckon hes running for the extra credit " chan spoke

" yeah, hes a maniac when it comes to education" jisung nodded, his eyes widening slightly " like....he cares about more than I care about minho"

" hey!" Minho huffed " dont say that baby" he wrapped his arms around the youngers waist from behind

" cut it with the pda" scoffed seungmin " we all do it, perfectly, because everyone in the goddamn school is a fucking homophobe."

" periodt" felix high fived him " to being in the closet forever"

He put a hand out infront of all of us

" well ,hopefully not forever. But whatever floats your boat hun." Chan smiled to his boyfriend, placing his hand on top of his followed by all of us

" to being in the closet forever " we whispered, as to not alert anyone or have anyone hear.

"And now please cheer for, blue team runner ,choi beomgyu, red team runner,  kim jisoo, purple team runner, song yuqi and green team runner, yang jeongin!" The principals voice came over the speakers

The four got into their positions, jeongin may be a nerd but holy shit. He had muscles,  and had clearly been training.

" three...two...one....GO!"

All of them immediately broke into a sprint , jisoo was behind, yuqi and beomgyu were trying desperately to out run one and other,  while jeongin was ahead by a whole amount. I stared in awe, shocked that he was that fast.

" holy shit " I muttered

" I know right " jisung smiled widley " GO JEONGIN WOOOO!!" he cheered " I'm trying so hard to he friends with him, he pushes away anyones attempts at being social with him GO YANG! YOU GOT THIS MAN!"

" why doesn't he want friends?" Felix asked, taken aback by the statement

" finds studies more important " jisung shrugged

" I say, when he inevitably wins, we go over there and cheer him on " changbin smiled, radiating positive energy

Jeongins pov

I crossed the finnish line with a wide smile on my face, now I just need to rely on my other team members to win and get me the extra credit I need , universities love extra credit. So this should do me well.

" JEONGIN!" Someone yelled

I turned to my side to see a group of seven, all of which I recognised as the stereotypical popular group ,  ran towards me .

I held my hand out infront of them, causing each and every one to halt.

" what?" I asked, crossing my arms

" congrats dude!" The shortest of the bunch exclaimed happily, aka changbin " you won!"

" I'm aware, why do you care?" My brows furrowed " you literally have everyone in school wrapped around your fingers , surely you don't need me to clarify your delusion called 'popularity"

" how is popularity a delusion?" Asked minho

" because once you're out of highschool no one gives a shit. Yknow what people care about once you step into the real world? , which, by the way is gonna be a whole punch in the dick to you guys, they care about grades,  how much homework you actually did, how much you participated in lessons, and how much extra credit you got for doing bullshit like this. They dont care if you were nerdy scum, or the fucking king of the castle" I remained deadpanned " I do not wish to talk to you anymore. But, thank you for your dramatic celebration. It was unnecessary as it's not that hard to run, but appreciated. Bye."

Hyunjins pov

He walked away back to his team bench and sat down whipping open his bag to grab a study book while the games continued,  I stared in awe....again

" now my self esteem just hurts" groaned felix

" maybe we should start paying attention in lesson..." chan spoke as we made our way back to our seats

" no way old man." Seungmin laughed " never. Ever."

" well, I've never heard him talk that much before " jisung smiled " so maybe its a good thing, we're getting him out of his shell."

" I love your confidence " I patted his back before sitting down and paying my full attention on the games once more.