Chapter 4: Getting ready for Lunch with Jasmine

Raiden was currently sitting on the couch drinking a strawberry banana smoothie while watching a cartoon with a superhero dog and cat sidekick saving the day.

"Woof!" Rex barked happily, wagging his tail as he ran with stuffed bone in his mouth.

"Alright, boy, go get it," He said, tossing the stuffed bone toward the kitchen.

Rex barked again with excitement as he ran after the stuffed bone that was tossed into the kitchen.

"Hello, Rex; playing with Raiden this morning," Raven's voice heard from inside the kitchen with the kitchen sink running.

"Yeah, he wanted to play fetch!" Raiden called out before taking another sip of his smoothie.

"I see. So did your friend text you the time on when you are meeting up for lunch and when?" She asked.

"No, Jasmine hasn't texted yet. She is probably still asleep or is early on a Saturday. Most people sleep in on the weekend when there is no school," Raiden replied, standing up and taking his empty cup into the kitchen.

He then looked to see Rex was eating from his food bowl.

"That is true," Raven said."I see you enjoyed your smoothie this morning," She said, taking the cup.

"It was delicious, and so was breakfast thanks for both," Raiden said.

"No problem, that's my job, of being your mom. At least I'm better with you than your older siblings," She replied, washing the cup.

"I admit you made mistakes, but you thought you were doing the right thing for them," Raiden said."I'm going to shower, so I'm ready when Jasmine texts me when she wants to meet up."

"Alright, I will be taking Rex out for a walk shortly," She replied.

"Got it, Rex. See you when I'm done getting dressed. We will play some later," He said, petting Rex on the head.

"Woof!" Rex barked, wagging his tail from the attention.

"He loves you so much after you got him over the summer, a few months before we moved," She said."I thought it would be an issue for him to adjust, but he seems to love the new home already."

"Rex adjusts fast, I guess," Raiden stated as he left the kitchen and headed upstairs to get showered and dressed.

----------

Raiden walked into his bathroom and closed the bedroom door as he walked over to his closet to find something to wear today for his lunch hang out with Jasmine.

After a few minutes, he decided to go with his red jacket and matching sweatpants, along with a white t-shirt.

"This should do an outfit I usually wear for a workout with mom or going for a walk, but it does not seem like this is a date or anything," He said, placing the outfit on his bed.

Soon as that was handled, he walked into the bathroom to take a nice warm, and relaxing shower.

"Looks like mom added a plant when she was in here last night stocking clean towels and washcloths under the sink," He said, grabbing a towel and washcloth

Raiden then turned on the shower water, letting it warm up as he hung the towel on the rank next to the shower and took off his shirt, first getting ready to hop in the shower once the rest of his clothes were off, he got inside, of the warm shower closing the screen door of it.

---------

Raiden walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist as his phone started vibrating on his nightstand.

He walked over to it and saw he had a new text message from Jasmine.

"Morning; sorry I didn't text you yesterday after you finished your homework. I went out to hang out with a family member of mine. How about we meet at one this afternoon at The Seaside Cottage for lunch? It is a great seafood restaurant, but they also have other food," Jasmine's text message said.

"That sounds good to me. See you in about four hours, then," He texted back, placing his food back on the nightstand.

'The Seaside Cottage. That sounds like a great place to eat lunch.' He thought as he grabbed his shirt and started to get dressed.

As he put on his pants, his mom knocked on the door.

"Hold on, almost done getting dressed," He said.

"Alright, take your time just wanted to talk to you for a moment," Raven said.

"Okay, you can come on in, Mom," He said, sing his jacket onto his desk chair.

Raven opened the door and smiled at Riaden."Nice outfit, but you look like you're ready to work out," She commented.

"Well, maybe we could start going for strolls in the park as we did at home when it was just the two of us after moving away from the brotherhood," Raiden said."Anyway, what is it, Mom?" He asked.

"I guess we can go for a stroll later today before dinner," Raven said."You would be okay if I ever started dating, right?" She asked.

"Did you meet someone at work on your first week that caught your eye?" Raiden asked with a grin on his face.

"I see you are getting back at me for my messing with you about Jasmine," Raven said, laughing."No, I haven't met anyone. I just wanted to know if you be okay with it. It was the first I still had my child in my care before dating again after something happened to their father; well, except for Rouge, she was adopted."

"Mom, I love you more than anything and want you to be happy, so, of course, I will be okay with you dating," He said."As long as they treat you properly for the beautiful woman you are."

Raven smiled softly."Thank you, my little Prince, for being so caring, just as your father was. It's a shame he left  us when you were six years old," She said, ruffling his hair.

"You deserve kindness and care, especially after the way. Rouge and Kurt treated you the year before Rouge finished high school after the apocalypse incident," He said, hugging his mom."Jasmine said The Seaside Cottage at 1 in the afternoon. Also maybe give father a call he would love to hear from you.

"Got it. Meet me downstairs at 12:30, and we will leave so you can meet up with Jasmine," Raven said, ending the hug as she left the room."And I think about calling him.

"Okay," Raiden said as his mom left the room.

After watching a couple of more episodes of his favorite hero show, he headed downstairs to head out to meet with Jasmine at The Seaside Cottage for lunch.

Hello readers!

Raiden is now headed out for lunch with Jasmine at The Seaside Cottage. They're not a lot of restaurants mentioned in Kim Possible, so going to make some up to have more places to go to on future dates with his Harem. Raven was also questioning whether Raiden would be okay with her dating in the future. In the next chapter, Raiden and Jasmine will have their lunch hang out. Let me know what you think of the story in the comments as you continue to read the story.

Question of the chapter: What member of the Harem do you think will meet next?

Thanks for reading!

Word count: 1216