Chapter Twenty

Summer 1990

"Janet you sure this want you wanna do?" Theresa asked as we sat in front of my house

"I dont have a choice" I said opening the door getting out the car running up the steps going in the house & into my room grabbing my gun out of the closet.

"Janet is that you?" My mom asked walking in my room.

"Yeah" I trailed she looked down at the gun.

"What's that for?" She asked

"Protection."

"Protection from you?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"Mom there is a lot going on that you don't know" I said

Theresa came in the room causing my mom to look at her.

"Theresa did you know Janet had a gun?" My mom asked her girlfriend

"No I didn't but babe there is a lot we need to talk to you about"

"No I just need to know why my daughter didn't come home & why do you have a gun?"

"Mom please can we talk about this later" I said putting the gun in my waistband & tried to walk out the room but my mom blocked me.

"No we need to talk now!" She yelled

"Fine let's go in the living room" I said & my mom nodded walking out the room followed by Theresa.

I slammed the bedroom door locking it & went over to the window opening it climbing out hearing my mom bang on the door & call my name.

I ran over to Theresa's car getting in finding the keys in the over head compartment & turned the car on taking off down the street.

I needed to take care of all this shit tonight, I have hit my breaking point with all this stuff & to find out who did this to me makes me want to kill this person on sight.

I pulled up to Monster's house to ask him where my brother was but I saw police everywhere, the news people & crime scene tape blocking off the house it was a crowd standing outside looking at what was going on.

I took my gun out putting it under the seat then got out the car walking up moving past people & saw blood & bodies everywhere.

"What the fuck" I cursed

I saw Monster laying on the porch dead, Besides Jax Monster was like a brother to me so this shit hurt.

"What happened?" I asked someone next to me.

"I heard someone came through blasting, everyone think it was Lorenzo & his gang" The guy said.

"You seen Jax?" I asked

"Naw but he wasn't in this" I shook my head

"You know where Lorenzo warehouse is?" I asked

"Yeah over there on Grant you can't miss it"