Chapter 35 - Repayment

~(f/n)~

I just knew that the game ended when a long whistle resounded. Every set of 10, they would whistle a short one, signaling that they needed to retrieve our arrows. Well, I was told to hold back my strength during the first set since the arrows were going through the centre target. But they retreat, and just kept on changing the target when they needed to retrieve the arrows.

I was so focus on the game that all I could see was the target.

But when I heard the long whistle, I looked at my target, and sighed since I was able to hold back my strength, and all of the arrows were at the center.

Then that means...?!

Yeah, I turned towards Amemiya's target, and there was a lone arrow outside the target...

I turned to Amemiya and she's sweating, and breathing hard. Ah, she got exhausted.

"And the 20xx Kinki Regional Archery Highs school tournament has commenced!" I heard a loud of applause and cheering. I turned towards where my parents were, and reality was hitting me. I also saw Akashi clapping, expressionless.

We face forward and bowed down, then face the staffs, and also bowed down towards them. But for some reason, they said the awarding would commence in an hour.

~

"CONGRATULATIONS!" Mom immediately hugged me, as dad got the bow from me "Oh gosh! I was so worried when you weren't on your stance!" Mom moved back then caressed my cheeks "then your dad said you were using your left that was why you were anxiously wanted to get the car keys. Why?"

"I apologize I couldn't explain a while ago. Our equipments were stolen-"

"What?!" I flinched when Mom suddenly interrupted me, and she's scary. She's scary! "Stolen?! By who?!"

"Auntie, don't worry. They are here now, also (f/n) and Riko were able to resolve it" Sayaka showed up, with a smile, and yes with our equipments. "Also, one of the organizers and also a sponsor here said that he'll handle it, and punish them accordingly"

"And who stole my daughter's equipments?"

Yeah, I think everyone could feel the range from mom's tone

"Uhm, I apologize. Please, excuse us and I apologize for interrupting your celebration"

"Can we help you?" Sensei asked the woman who approached us, and behind her, another woman, with couple of students from Moriyama school, yes, Amemiya was there as well

"The two woman at the far back were the students who asked me the direction, then the two behind Amemiya were the one who stole your equipments" Fujiko whispered to me

"First of all, congratulations in winning the Regional tournament" the other woman started "and we're here to apologize to what happened before the game."

"I'm Hida, one of the organizers" the first woman introduced herself, "then this is Natsumi-sensei, Moriyama archery team's coach, and you know the students from Moriyama. The reason, why we are here, we were told what happened before the game."

"So these students knew about the stealing?" Mom asked, and yes, her gaze immediately landed to the the students

"It's embarrassing to say, but yes they knew about it" their coach responded with her head low "my apologies to what my students actions"

"Because of what they did, the organizer who was there during the confrontation told us what happened. We all concluded to disqualify the Moriyama School, and since Rakuzan also got the 3rd place, both of you will instead represent Kinki region to the Nationals we'll announce it later during the awarding."