1. A happy birthday?

The phone rang waking Nanon up from his sleep. Screen lit up with a monkey emoji on it. He rubbed his eyes to clear his vision as he picked it up. "Why are you calling so late at night?" Though Nanon's voice was hoarse it still felt like a melody to the person on next line. "Open your window. I am here." As soon as Nanon heard those words he ran to his window and helped the other person up in his room.

"What the hell, Ohm !! You might have got caught by Frank, he is just next door or worst dad or papa." Getting caught by Nanon's dad, Tay, would be one of the worst nightmare Ohm would want to experience but today he didn't actually cared about those things. He just wanted to be the first one to wish his boyfriend a happy birthday. Though all this might have bursted if suddenly Nanon's family would have wanted to wish their sons a happy birthday at midnight but it didn't happen so why think, right? It was already 12o'clock so ignoring Nanon's scolding Ohm just went with his wishings.

"Happy birthday, Non." Ohm wished Nanon as he took out a box from his pants' left pocket. It was a beautiful blue colored butterfly pendant that Ohm specially designed for Nanon by giving away his saving that he worked hard for. Ohm works as a part timer so he can be a helping hand for his lovely aunt Eri who always takes such good care of Ohm after his parents death and loves him as her own son. Of course Ohm's aunt Eri is the best in the world and he knows that and he still has some money left to help his aunt Eri this month. Though aunt Eri is always against ohm working when he should fully concentrate on his studies, as stubborn as Ohm is, she had to give up. But still she never asks Ohm for his money. She always tells him to save it for future so Ohm just helps her by paying some monthly bills without her knowledge and later gets scolded. He would rather love it that way. So, this pendant is a result of Ohm's sweat and hard work.

Nanon liked the pendant. No, he loved it very much. He knew what that blue colored butterfly meant. Giving a blue colored butterfly pendant meant giving love to the receiver. Love that did not have any intention. Just simple and pure. But he was conflicted between accepting it or not. It wasn't like he didn't want to receive things from Ohm. It's just that he did not want to waste Ohm's money. Finally, he decided to accept it. Not accepting this gift would mean not accepting Ohm's love which he would refuse to do even as a last. Of course, he will remember to scold Ohm tomorrow but right now was a moment he would rather not ruin. "Thanks. It is beautiful." A smile made its way to Nanon's lips showing his dimples. Oh, Nanon's dimples Ohm can even die for. Both were beaming with happiness.

"May I ?" Ohm asked Nanon's permission to put that pendant on. As Nanon nodded he put it on Nanon. "You already know what blue colored butterfly pendant symbolizes but I want you to know my personal intentions behind giving it too. Freedom. That is what I want you to have in this relationship. Just like how the butterfly spreads it's wings to fly in freedom. I want that type of freedom for you. We love each other. No doubt but your parents don't like me that much and I am still not confident to reveal our relationship to our families and I am truly sorry for that, Non. If you ever feel pressure or anything wrong, please talk to me, Non. I will always listen and improve. I just want to be with you and the day I am confident enough I will announce to our family about us. Just please wait for me."

Today Ohm wanted to say all the things that he hadn't for so long. He saw how if the one we love leaves us how miserable one becomes. He has saw it up close. He has saw his best friend, Perth, suffering for many years. He is better now though and even has someone in his life again. Who? He hasn't told Ohm yet and Ohm respects it. But still Ohm has saw Perth's breakdowns, his cries, his misery. He didn't want that to happen to them. He didn't want the past to repeat. The last time they fought was because of miscommunication that led them to almost break up but now Ohm was trying. Trying his best not to mess up again, trying to make Nanon realize his feelings from time to time, trying to understand Nanon's view on everything and so was Nanon. They were each others comfort but as time went by they have realized how to make a relationship keep on going love is not the only factor. Sometimes, on matter how much love you have for someone situation may make them leave each others side. Not because love has faded but because of situation. Suddenly Nanon remembered the book he read months ago that was Frank's recommendation. The leads of the book were so in love but at the end of the book they had to separate because no matter how much you love one another if the love is forbidden or the society is against it one have to give up. This is not a movie where one can go against the world for their love, even if one do their other loved ones may also suffer. For one piece of heart one can't sacrifice other parts of the heart too. One cannot be so selfish to leave family behind for their own happiness, that too, would be in half after leaving everything behind.