6. Family

"This is for you, Pluem." Namtan handed him  a coffee cup. A personalized one. His photo with his grandpa on the top. Of course he remembers that moment. It was a celebration party of the Teechapaikhun empire. It was when Pluem was introduced as the grandson of the Teechapaikhun's. This was when his grandpa accepted him. Moment to remember and beneath was written his favorite quote of all time "There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare indeed was a good player of words. Just some words together and the whole world made sense. Every decision he made became right because of one quote. Indeed, power of a writer. He didn't think his grandpa, Kittisak Teechapaikhun, would accept him so easily after all he has saw him valuing bloodlines so dearly, but after that incident with his papa he eventually gave up and accepted Pluem.

Kittisak is someone Pluem respects so much that one day he want to be like him. He desires to be as puissant as him. Though Kittisak never accepted Pluem as his grandson before that incident still he never mistreated him. Didn't go to the boundaries of showering him with love but also didn't let him feel lonely ever. He was a powerful businessman with a power that made people bow their heads before him. It was due to his efforts that the Teechapaikhun empire now had become so vast. Teechapaikhun motors, Teechapaikhun foods, Teechapaikhun clothes. You name it, they have it. One day Pluem desires to be like him, not just as a businessman but as a person too.

A smile formed on his face. It wasn't some expensive gift nor was something really great, but still it was precious for him. Of course Kittisak has brought them clothes, stationary, accessories and what not, but there is always this one gift that is personally chosen for his grandsons. This was Pluem's. Pluem misses the old man. "Thank you, aunt. I will call him later to thank too." She nodded with a smile on her face.

"And here twins, your gifts." The twins started to unwrap their gifts with the energy and eagerness of five years old as their eldest sibling sat on the sofa with the cup close to his heart while reading his financial accounting book.

"It's good that it's Sunday or we wouldn't have got time to spend together." Pluem said, to no one in perticular, looking up from his book at the view in front of him. His Papa and Dad doing some crazy experiment in the kitchen, his siblings exploring their gifts with sparkly eyes, his aunt witnessing the whole scene with admiration for the family.

Peace. That is what Pluem was feeling right now. A Vihokratana and a Teechapaikhun met fell in love and now have a beautiful Vihokratana-Teechapaikhun combo, Frank and Nanon. At times like this, when Pluem gets a taste of peace, those damn questions returns back disturbing his calm. Why did his parents gave up on him? Was he unwanted? Was he not supposed to be here? No, he didn't want to think about any of that but these thoughts, they always made their ways in his mind no matter how much he tried to not think about it. He didn't know why they kept coming back. He was happy, very much, with his Dad, his Papa, his brothers, HIS FAMILY, yet he was disturbed. Once again his peace is gone. All because of his stupid, useless thoughts. Once again burying his face in his book to distract himself but to no avail.

"Thank you, mom" Nanon whooped with delight after seeing the clothes Namtan brought for them. 'Mom' even thinking about this word seemed foreign to Pluem's brain. At least, his siblings could roll that word easily on their tongues without hesitation thanks to their aunt.

Pluem didn't want to use that cup. He wanted to keep it as a memory. He went in his room, keeping the cup in his precious treasure box. He had many things in it. All important to him. There were bracelet Chimon gifted him on their first dating anniversary, a small neatly folded jacket of Nanon, a paper with small drawings drew by Frank, A story book his dad bought for him and many more, but a green color folder was something anyone would find catchy in that box. He put his coffee cup there, closing the box.