Chapter Seventy One

Iris’s P.O.V
After seeing that it was Aunt Petunia, I was taken aback before I stood up, “hi.” I said to her, “you’re still alive.” she said to me and I nodded, “yeah. It’s over. Harry is fine as well if you’re wondering.” I said to her, “That's good. Um, do you mind if I talk to you for a moment dear?” She said to me and I looked at Draco, “go ahead, I’ll be here.” he said to me before Aunt Petunia and I walked outside for a moment, “I wanted to Apologize for how I’ve treated both you and Harry over the years. I’ve realized that I let my anger and jealousy towards your mother aim at you and your brother and I am truly sorry for that.” she said to me and I thought about it for a moment before speaking up, “I forgive you.” I said to her and the both of us had given each other an Awkward hug before moving away again, “thank you. I will be sure to write to your brother if I don’t see him anytime soon. Do you know where he is if that happens?” she said to me, “he’s staying with a friend for the time being. The Weasley family. You might have to send an Owl to deliver the letter.” I told her, “thank you, could I borrow Raven then if that’s alright with you.” she said to me and I nodded, “yeah, I’ll send her over tomorrow. She’ll know where to go if you tell her.” I told her, “I hope to see you again soon dear.” she said to me, “I hope so too.” I said to her before she walked away and I made it back to Draco and sat down, “so who was that?” She asked me, “That, dear Draco, was my Aunt Petunia.” I said to him, “the one who treated you differently?” he asked me and I nodded, “yeah. She wanted to apologize for the way she acted towards Harry and I over the years.” I told him, “Did you forgive her?” he asked me and I nodded, “yeah, I did. I know she may have said and kept stuff from Harry and I over the years but I thought I would give her a chance to make up for it. For my mum at least, since I think that’s what she would want.” I told him, “you are something else Miss. Potter.” he said to me as he took a sip of his drink and I smiled a little before we continued to talk and eventually left and walked around the city for a while longer before the both of us decided to head home for the day. Both Draco and I eventually made it back to the house and as soon as we walked inside, we noticed his mother standing there in the living room and I froze in place when she noticed us, “I’m sorry to barge in on you guys unannounced but I had to talk to you.” she said to us, “what about? You guys disowned me, remember.” Draco said to her, “yes, I know but that wasn’t my choice, that was our fathers. I never disowned you.” she said to Draco, “but you didn’t do anything.” he said to her, “I should probably let you guys talk about this alone.” I said to them, “if that’s alright.” his mother said, “no, she stay’s. Whatever you have to say to me you can say to her.” Draco said to her, “Fine, but you should know that your father had just had a trial at the Ministry and he may or may not go back to Azkaban.” she said to him, “good. He should.” Draco said to her, “then don’t be surprised when you get a letter from them saying that you too, also have a trial coming up as you were also a part of Voldemort’s army.” she said to him, “then I will tell them the truth.” he said to her and there was a moment of silence before she Apparated.

After his mother left, Draco just stood there before I took his hand in mine, “are you going to be alright?” I asked him, “yeah, I’ll be fine.” he said as he looked at me, “there’s a possibility that you might have a trial.” I said to him, “I know, I have no doubt about it considering I became one.” He told me, “we’ll get through this alright.” I told him and he nodded before I hugged him, “we’ll get through this together.” I whispered to him and we stayed like that for a while before the both of us spent some time together before I had gone to make us something to eat, “do you want anything in particular?” I asked him, “surprise me.” he said to me and I smiled a little before I kissed him, “alright then.” I said before I cooked us dinner as I made chicken and salad for the both of us and once I was done, we ate together and talked as we managed to forget about what happened earlier. Later on, I was getting ready for bed and I felt Draco wrap his arms around me and started kissing along my neck and I smiled a little before I turned around and hugged him, “I Love you.” he said to me, “I love you too.” I said to him before I looked up at him before he kissed me and it slowly became heated before I felt him gently lay me down onto the bed before he started kissing along my neck causing me to sigh a little at the feeling before I felt him graze his hand under my shirt before he took it off before it ended up on the floor. After some time had passed, the both of us were under the covers and undressed before he went any further, he stopped before he looked at me, “are you sure about this?” he asked me before I rested my hands over his cheeks, “I haven’t been more sure about anything in my life” I told him and the both of us smiled a little before he pressed his lips against mine before I felt him enter me before he continued and the both of us made love throughout most of the night. After a while, the both of us just laid there, holding each other in a comfortable silence before I decided to speak up, “I know you probably don’t want to talk about it but how are you feeling about the whole family situation?” I asked him before I looked up at him as it looked like he thought about it, “to be honest, I’m not surprised. Both sides of the family are strict about what they do, especially with Blood Status and what House you’re into at Hogwarts. But with what’s going on right now, I’d say it’s worth it.” he said before looking down at me and smiled a little, “you’d give up being with your family just to end up with me, a Half Blood Witch?” I asked him and he nodded, “I’d give up anything for you.” he said to me before kissing me and I smiled into the kiss before the both of us ended up falling asleep later that night as we continued to hold each other.

When the next morning came around, I woke up to see that Draco wasn’t there and I looked around to see that he wasn’t in the room before I decided to get out of med and put one of his sweaters on along with a pair of sweatpants before I looked around the house for him before I found him in the kitchen and I smiled a little as I watched him try to cook before I walked up to him and helped him, “sorry about this, I was planning to make you breakfast but clearly, it’s not turning out as expected.” he said to me and I chuckled a little, “that’s fine. Maybe I can teach one day if you want.” I said to him as we managed to finish cooking before the both of us sat down and ate together as the both of us talked the entire time and once we were done, I sent over Raven to Aunt Petunia like I said I would before I decided to stay outside for a while as I admired the view before I heard someone walk up next to me and saw that it was Draco, “it’s really nice out here” I told him, “yeah it is. After a few years of spending summers here, we just stopped coming here all together.” he said to me, “what should we do today?” I asked him, “I don’t know, I just want to be with you.” he said to me, “there’s a wooded area over there. Do you want to see if there’s a trail?” I asked him, “sure why not.” he said to me and the both of us made it there and the both of us found a trail and we walked through the woods together and the both of us had a good day together as well and once we made it back to the house, I managed to spend the day cooking with him as I taught him a few things as we eventually cleaned everything up once we were done eating lunch before we decided to go into town for a while and the both of us had a good time together before we made it home for the night and I decided to take a bath and once I walked into the bathroom and got undressed and before I could get in the tub, Draco walked in and soon did the same and got in first, “of course you can join me.” I said to him and we both chuckled before I got in as well and just sat there, “I could get used to this.” Draco said and I smiled a little as I relaxed into his arms and he held me close, “me too. You know, I’m glad it’s over with him,” I said to Draco, “over with who?” he asked me, “with Voldemort. We don’t have to constantly worry about everything we do anymore.” I told him, “true and I don’t have to worry about whether or not you’ll make it out alive.” he said to me before I managed to kiss his cheek, “I told you, you can’t get rid of me that easily.” I said to him and the both of us chuckled a little and I continued to giggle as he held me closer and kissed my neck and after a while longer, the both of us eventually got out of the tub and dried off before going straight to our room for the rest of the night and fooled around a little before going to sleep for the night.