17 Reaction

Part 17 Reaction

Arnav got rooted, seeing many red petite leaves peeping from the branches of the rose plant. He kneeled in front of the plant. his Adam's Apple was moving up and down as he was gulping down hard. He hugged the plant, just like, Khushi did the previous day, and kissed it. Teardrops rolled down from his eyes and scattered falling on the leaves. The word,

"Maa..." slipped from his throat.

He didn't know what was all that. He could not understand what was happening to him. He could not believe the plant was germinated not just a leaf but with uncountable leaves. What magic was that? Was his mother still here? Could she understand everything? Then why didn't she ever do that before? Why through Khushi? Did Khushi truly have some divine power? That was why she saved him? This was what his mother wanted him to know.

Till yesterday, he so wanted to know about Khushi but after this, he was not going to care who Khushi was. According to him, she was a miracle... she was an angel... she was divine... and she was his mother's friend. His mother willingly accepted her friendship. It sounded childish when Khushi had a deal with his mother but now, it made sense.

Composing himself, Arnav stood up. he took the sprayer to water the plant but thinking of something, he kept it down back. He wanted the plant to bloom soon. It won't happen if HE watered the plant but KHUSHI.

In the meanwhile,

Khushi came out of the washroom, taking her morning shower. She smiled at Nani who was gazing at her.

"What happened, Naniji? Why are you looking at me as if I'm an alien?" she smiled.

"Will you leave RM?" It seemed Nani was thinking about it throughout the night.

Khushi got stuck. She came to Nani and sat in front of her.

"I'm sorry, Naniji. To be frank, I don't like to be here. Not just because your family members don't like me. I don't want you guys to get into an argument because of me. Peace of mind is more important than happiness, Naniji. I don't want me to be the reason you lose your peace of mind"

"Do you think my mind is at peace now?"

"I know you are not. Pandit Bhaiya told me. He said a Pooja would solve your problem. I would like to do it for you, Naniji because I would like to do something for you because you are so good. I will leave Delhi only after doing the Pooja"

"You are making me guilty"

"Don't be, Naniji... EVERYTHING WILL HAPPEN AS DESTINED. WE SHOULD ACCEPT IT"

Nani sighed. Didn't know why, she didn't feel Khushi would leave RM because, as Khushi sensed Ratna's presence, she didn't think it would happen.

"Pandit Bhiya said he had given you the Shloka. I have to chant it at the time of the Pooja. Give it to me, Naniji"

Nani nodded ok and gave it to Khushi.

After a while,

Arnav came downstairs to have breakfast. He saw everyone present there, including Akash, except for Khushi.

"Where is Khushi, Nani?" He asked frowning.

"She is in my room"

"Why didn't she come for breakfast?"

"She said she is not hungry," Nani said.

Arnav galloped to Nani's room. people at the dining spared a glance at one another.

Arnav saw Khushi memorizing something from a chit. She looked at him, hearing the French door opening sound. She stood up, seeing Arnav in Nani's room.

"Shall we head downstairs for breakfast?" Arnav asked.