Chapter 4 ~ Breaker of Chains Part 1 ~

Qyburn watched as I paced my chambers like a caged animal, pregnant, that word span around my head, he'd done the tests it was confirmed but Jaime wasn't here he was at the Sept of Balor with his dead son.

"How sure?" I asked the Maester, I stopped pacing long enough to Storm to come to my side and lean into me, he heat grounded my anxious movements.

"My lady, we did several different tests, several different ways, you are pregnant" I met his eyes as he walked towards me "my lady, I know you're scared to tell your husband especially after what has happened but i made a vow that I would help you" I nodded slowly and bit my lip.

"I have to go tell Jaime now then, the longer I wait the worse it will be" I said as I wrung my hands together, I escorted Qyburn from my chambers and began the trek to the Sept, my worries changed from how I was going to break the news to Jaime to where my sister was and what happened while I was loosing my breakfast at the wedding, I kept begging that she'd at least be somewhere safe.

"Lady Lannister" a guard called as I passed through the gates of the Red Keep "the Lord Commander has asked us to guard you" the younger Lannister guard said with a smile while the older man was more stoic.

I glanced around at the people bustling in and out of the main gates of the Keep "alright, I was just on my way to the Sept" the younger man nodded and gestured me to lead but I shook my head, "I don't like people at my back, especially armed" he laughed quietly and shook his head.

"Ser Jaime said you would say something like that" he started to stride away while the older guard lingered closer to my side.

"You'll have to forgive the boy," he said with a grumble and a head shake "he's too damned happy" I chuckled at his words and watched as the young man practically bounced with every step "I remember Ser Barristan speaking of you fondly, Lady Anaris, a friend of that old coot is a friend of mine" I smiled at the mention of Ser Barristan, I did miss the times we spent speaking to one another.

"Ser Barristan was always kind to me, he only chose trustworthy people to truly be companions with" I replied "how long have you known Ser Barristan, Ser..." my words stopped, as a procession of mourners gathered at the steps of the Sept, Margaery was at the top with her four ladies in waiting, their heads snapped to me as soon as I placed my foot on the stairs.

"Rylen Saltcliffe, my lady" he looked at the women who were now whispering amongst themselves, subtly pointing at me "you deserve to be here as much as anyone, he was your good nephew" I looked at Ser Saltcliffe and for a moment he looked at me like Ser Barristan used to, with kindness and fatherly guidance.

"I thank you, Ser, I hope my husband didn't inconvenience you with having you escort me" he chuckled as we ascended the steps.

"I serve the Lannister's, you are a Lannister" Margaery curtsied as we passed and I nodded in response, we reached the large doors of the Sept and I turned to Ser Saltcliffe.

"Thank you for escorting me Ser, I'm sure Ser Jaime will be more then happy to escort me back to the Keep" he smiled and bowed while the younger guard bounced up the steps and opened the door for me.

"It was our pleasure, my lady" the young guard smiled cheekily at me "we shall wait until Ser Jaime and yourself take your leave" I nodded and walked into the Sept of Balon, I had been in the Sept once, just days ago for the wedding, the place felt like eyes were constantly watching me, judging my every move, I now understood how mother felt when she stepped into the Gods Wood.

"A king needs a Queen" Tommen said to his grandfather as the moved up the stairs towards me,

"Yes, to further the family line" Tywin stopped speaking when he saw me standing at the top of the stairs.