Chapter 1

I hope you all like my work!

Since there were not many Akaza x reader books and since I'm a big Akaza simp I thought of writing one and contributing to the number of fanfics....
Hehe

******

*********

A pink-haired male with pale blue skin stood not far from the humans he despised, except for women. He was a demon, Upper Moon Three, who hunted humans either for entertainment or to satisfy his hunger, but he never harmed a woman. Despite being a demon for over a century, he had never killed a single woman. He detested weaklings, but women were an exception for reasons he couldn't understand. He had often encountered women shielding men from his attacks, prompting him to leave without arguing, saying, "You're one lucky man since I don't fight women."

That night, Akaza found himself under the night sky, watching the fireworks. He never understood why he returned each year to see the sparkling lights that distracted him from his ongoing mission. The fireworks brought a familiar warmth, making him ponder his human life before becoming a demon.

As he sighed and turned to leave, his gaze landed on a woman sitting on a bench nearby, engrossed in the fireworks display. She seemed oblivious to the distant noise. Her eyes shone with the fireworks' light, a smile gracing her face. She wore a pretty blue kimono with pink flowers, her long hair falling to her waist, adorned with a shimmering hair clip. She looked beautiful.

Her solitude disturbed Akaza, who frowned and questioned why she was alone while a group of humans was nearby. Despite waiting, she didn't join the group, maintaining her soft smile and focus on the sky. Sighing once more, Akaza approached her cautiously, stopping an arm's length away.

"You shouldn't be out alone at this hour," he stated, his eyes cold but his concern evident.

She turned her gaze from the sky, locking eyes with him. Her eyes widened slightly, then softened. She smiled, shook her head, and stood up.

"It's fine. I've been visiting this festival alone for three years now," she paused, studying him curiously, "I suppose you're not a normal human." She smiled.

Akaza's eyes widened in surprise. Why wasn't she afraid of him? Fear was the usual reaction he elicited from humans, whether men or women. But this woman showed no fear; was it the darkness or was she unwell?

"Why aren't you scared of me?" he asked. She looked at him, shook her head, and stood directly in front of him.

"You show more humanity than any human I've known," she replied, her eyes wavering momentarily before returning to normal.

Akaza noticed the fleeting change in her eyes and softened his own gaze. He knew how ruthless and dangerous humans could be. While demons attacked and killed outright, humans spread poison through society, causing slow, painful deaths. He had witnessed humans bullying others, a behavior he loathed. He despised cowards who exerted power over the weak, killing them but never consuming their flesh.

"Should I-" "Can you-" "walk me home," they both said at the same time. She giggled, covering her face with her kimono's long sleeve, making him blush. He thought she was cute and nodded.

"Since we haven't shared our names, we should do it now," Akaza said, looking away to hide his blush.

"My name is Y/N L/N, nice to meet you," she said, folding her hands behind her and smiling fondly at him.

"I'm Akaza, Upper Moon Three," he replied, bowing slightly.

Y/N thought he was a gentleman and acknowledged his introduction. They started walking, with her guiding him to her home. The walk was neither long nor awkward, surrounded by a comfortable silence filled with the sounds of insects and rustling leaves.

"Here we are, Akaza-san. This is my house," she said, stepping forward and standing at her door, facing him. She turned and unlocked her door, inviting him inside for tea.

"I'm a demon, Y/N-san. I don't drink tea, and I have to return to my mission. Let's meet another time. Good night," he said, disappearing in a blue flash.

She smiled, closing the door and reflecting on the night's events. Perhaps demons weren't as bad as rumored, or so she thought.

 Perhaps demons weren't as bad as rumored, or so she thought

**********