Chapter 6

ARIEL'S POV

I still couldn't believe what Luke did. I had just left Olivia's house and began to walk home. After I left Luke in the park, I went to Olivia to ask what I should do. She was a shocked as I was, and just reminded me that I should have stayed away from him after we broke up, which was no help to me what so ever.

I only took me five minutes to walk back to the apartment. I argued with myself whether I should tell Danny or not but in the end I decided not to. It's not like he was going to find out.

I walked through the front door, surprised to find it dark and quiet. I switched on the light and looked around. There was no sign of Danny. The door was unlocked though, so he must be in.

I was about to look for him when something caught the corner of my eye. I walked towards the sofa and found the glass photo frame that held my favourite picture of me and Danny smashed on the floor. I raised my eyebrows at it. I knew Danny was clumsy, but surely he would have cleaned it up?

"Danny?" I called, still looking at the broken glass.

"I'm here." The voice came from behind me, making me jump. I turned around and stared at Danny. His eyes were puffy and red, like he had been crying. He glanced at me for a second and looked away.

"Daniel," I started, slowly walking towards him. "Are you ok? You lo-"

"I'm fine," he snapped, cutting me off. I was taken back by his tone of voice. He defiantly wasn't fine.

"Oh...ok?" I replied. He was clearly in a bad mood and I didn't want to upset him anymore so turned back around and started picking up small shards of glass from the floor.

"So...did you have fun with your friend?" He asked, his voice emotionless.

"Umm, I guess?" I replied, standing up and turning back to him.

"What did you guys do?"

"We just hung out. Why?"

"Just wondering," he shrugged.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I asked again, narrowing my eyes.

He nodded.

"Well, I'm going to make a start on dinner," I said, waking past him to the kitchen.

"I know you were with your ex boyfriend," Danny said. I stopped in my tracks and looked at him. "Or should I say, your new boyfriend."

"Wh-what?" I stuttered. I stood speechless. How did he know I was with Luke? And what did he mean by 'new boyfriend'?

"You said you were meeting a friend...why did you lie?"

I shook my head. "No, you got it wrong. Luke is just a friend."

"What, so you just kiss your friends?" he shrugged, raising his voice.

"What?"

"Don't act innocent with me, I saw the pictures."

"What pictures?"

He pulled out his phone and brought up a picture, showing it to me. I stared at the picture and bit my lip. The picture looked bad. Someone saw us kissing at the park and took a photo. And now it was all over the internet. This was going to be hard to explain.

"No, Danny, it's not what it looks like."

"Really? Because it's exactly what it looks like.

I shook my head again. "No, it's not. I thought we were just meeting to catch up on things, didn't know he was going to hit on me." I pleaded.

"But you went a long with it?" He shouted. He looked furious.

"No, I tried to push him away," I tried to explain. But he was right. I did kiss him back.

He dropped his head and stared at the ground. "Are you cheating on me?" He whispered.

"I'm not, Danny...I promise," I said softly.

He stayed silent.

"Do you not believe me?" I asked, my eyes filling with tears. I couldn't loose him. He meant too much to me.

But he shook his head. He didn't believe me.

"I'm so sorry Daniel, it was a stupid mistake, I shouldn't have even agreed to meet with him, let alone let him kiss me," I cried.

He looked hurt, almost like he was about to cry too.

I glanced over to the smashed photo. "You broke that on purpose," I said, pointing at the glass. "Do you not want to be with me anymore?" I winced at the words, dreading the answer.

"I don't even what to look at you," he replied. His eyes were almost red with rage, burning into mine.

"Please, you have to believe me. I don't want to be with Luke," I said softly. I placed my hand on his arm, but he pulled it away.

"You know what. Six weeks is too soon," he spat. "I don't even know why I moved in with you. I don't even know who you are, and I can't trust you either."

I dropped my head, tears streaming down my face. His words hurt a lot. I could almost hear the sound of my heart breaking.

"But we can work this out, please." I begged.

"No!" He shouted.

I turned and began to walk away from him.

"I don't even love you!" He screamed as I walked towards the door. I stopped in my tracks and looked over at him.

"What?" I whispered.

He stood facing me, his eyes widened with shock at everything he just said. "No, I-I didn't," he stuttered, his voice suddenly soft. He began walking towards me, tears filling his dark brown eyes. But I turned back around and opened the front door.

"Wait, Ariel, I didn't mean it, I was just angry, I-"

"Don't talk to me," I shouted before slamming the door in his face and running towards the elevator.

A/N: Sooo this wasn't the easiest chapter to write, I hate the thought of Danny being angry like that. The idea was to use the prologue to end the chapter but I'm not sure if it works? Anywayss, hope you're enjoying the story so far :)

~ Charlotte xx