Chapter 8

ARIEL'S POV

It's been nearly 3 days since the fight with Danny, and I haven't left my bed since. I've been staying with Olivia in her spare room, but it gets lonely sometimes as she goes to work everyday.

It's been so hard not to call Danny. I miss him like crazy but I know he doesn't feels the same about me. I also knew I needed to get some of my stuff back from the apartment but I'm scared if I go there, I'll see Danny again.

I woke up to the sound of Olivia's alarm coming from the room next to mine, and decided I didn't want to spend another day in the house alone.

I got out of bed and changed into jeans and a jacket and made my way downstairs. Olivia was already downstairs and was about to leave. She saw me and smiled.

"Hey, are you ok?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, I thought I would just go out and get some fresh air," I replied, pointing to the door.

"Oh ok. I'll see you later then," Olivia waved as she walked out, closing the front door behind her. I grabbed my phone from the side and turned it on. I've had it turned off for a few days. I couldn't face all the hate I was getting on Twitter and the constant phone calls from Olivia who called to check I was ok every ten minutes.

I walked outside and locked the door behind me. I wasn't sure where to go, so I started walking in a random direction.

After about 10 minutes, my phone rang. I rolled my eyes thinking it was Olivia, but it wasn't. It was Luke. I stopped walking and answered it.

"What do you want Luke?" I sighed.

"Uhm, hi," he said awkwardly. "Are you ok?"

"No, Luke, I'm not ok," I replied.

"I heard you and Danny broke up?"

"Yeah, we did," I sighed, wincing at the mention of Danny's name.

"Why, what happened?"

"He saw those pictures that were all over the internet of us kissing, and though I was cheating on him," I said, getting angry. "So really, it's you're fault that we broke up Luke. Thanks."

"Oh...." He mumbled. "I'm sorry. I didn't know that there was going to be someone there taking photos."

"Or maybe you shouldn't have kissed me in the first place."

"I'm sorry," he apologised again. "It was hard not to. I guess when I went back to Australia for a few months, it made me realise how much I missed you and wanted to be with you again."

"Right," I mumbled, rolling my eyes. "Look, I have to go. And please don't call me again."

"Wait, can I just ask you something before you go," he pleaded, sounding nervous.

"What?"

"If you had never of met Danny...would you still be going out with me?"

I hung up on him and shoved my phone back into my pocket. I was tired of hearing Luke's voice, pleading me to get back together with him.

I looked around and realised that where I was seemed familiar. And then I remembered. I was standing on the bridge that I had pointed out to Danny when we went to the pub for Mark's birthday. I walked over to the railings and looked at the rushing water underneath.

My eyes started to fill just thinking of Danny. I missed him so much and it was taking everything in me not to call him or run back to the apartment to find him. But even if I did, I wouldn't change anything. As much as I loved him, he didn't love me. I was probably just one of his mistakes that he was soon going to write a song about.

The clouds had turned dark and by now, large raindrops started to fall from them. I sighed and let the tears roll down my cheeks, hoping to disguise them as raindrops. I held onto the bridge's railings and leant over again. I bit my lip and started to wonder how cold the water was underneath.