What are the chances

Y/NS POV

As me and tom broke the kiss we just staired at each other just kind of in shock. Not one of use expected that, expecting that kiss.

NOBODYS POV

as y/n and tom staired at each other, tom just sprang and hugged her, making sure she was real an not a illusion from the heat. But she was real, but the moment ended when y/n got a text from her production team, "umm it's my team, I need to go into the studio to check imagery for my next album " y/n said only stairing at her phone, "can I get your number, I don't want to go so long without contact again" Tom said he in a worried tone of voice. Y/n looked up and smile, she felt glad to see Tom wanting to come back in her life and she was even more glad knowing she'd be back in his too.

They exchanged numbers and went their separate ways, both with giddy smiles like back when they were 15

LATER THAT DAY
Y/N's POV

as I was in the studio I kept spacing out from what happened at the beach with Tom. Don't get me wrong it was relieving to know the truth and then kiss...

But deep down I felt scared, did I really want to put myself in this again? Remembering how bad I was hurt and it mentally fucked me over. To the point I got a whole new number! I don't know if I want to do that again. But that kiss made it seemed like he changed, and his explanation as well. But my mind keeps going back the chance of getting hurt again, being forgotten again and i didn't want that. I've healed the wounds but I don't want them getting cut back open by getting hurt by Tom.

With this I wasn't paying attention to what I should have and its throwing my team and I behind schedule since so many things have to be done today and others for my next show, god why did I HAVE to run into Tom TODAY