Chapter 1 - Past Life

Before you start, there is a slight mentioning of RAPE in the latter half but it is quite vague, so proceed with caution as I will post small warnings to alert just in case. Also, this story contains Male Pregnancy so if you are not comfortable with it, please don’t read. There is no other notice so please enjoy reading.

Disclaimer: I don’t own anything from this novel

Chapter 1 - Past Life

Qi Dynasty, Thirty-third year.

In the study room of XuanDe Palace Hall, a middle-aged man wearing bright yellow dragon robes is very concentratedly drawing. On the piece of paper, is a young boy dressed in the palace attendant uniform with a slender figure, delicate pretty face. That adolescent stood at the small pavilion, painting delicately with a small smile.

“Yuan Fu,come and look, Zhèn[1] drew it alike or not?” XuanYuan Han Cheng[2] asked the Internal Head Eunuch[3], Yuan Fu, who stood next to him. Yuan Fu has worked for more than thirty over years as an Internal Head Eunuch, his age compared to the emperor’s is more than a few years older. With white hair on both sides and a face is covered with deep wrinkles, Yuan Fu secretly sighs in his heart as he replied: “Replying His Imperial Majesty[4], this servant vaguely sees the resemblance of Lin Guìrén during adolescence.”

“Is it alike?” XuanYuan Han Cheng mutters. In actuality, the appearance of the adolescent is already somewhat blurry in his memory. The most deeply remembered memory of the young boy is that he has a pair of big watery eyes and a pair of small dimples. When smiling, the appearance looks very lovely and cute. Remembering the adolescent’s final smile, dyed in blood, on the night of the incident thirty years ago. Just thinking of it, it still makes his heart aches.

Yuan Fu knew that the emperor was, once again, thinking about Lin Guìrén[5]. Today is the emperor’s birth anniversary[6]. Originally, for the emperor’s birth anniversary, the inner palace is supposed to host a banquet as a congratulatory. But in these thirty years, the emperor’s birth anniversary had become a taboo in the palace. What happened thirty years ago on the day of the emperor’s birth anniversary has constantly been kept secretive by palace servants who knew of the incident.

Thirty years ago, XuanYuan Han Cheng, in order to celebrate his 25th birth anniversary, had especially hosted an imperial banquet led by the most favourited, ShuFēi[7]. ShuFēi was originally the daughter of a 5th Pin State Official which was assigned to him, who was Crown Prince then, as a concubine. Xu XueYing is an appearance-wise, beautiful lady with a water-like gentle personality who was dearly adored by XuanYuan Han Cheng. If it wasn’t for ShuFēi’s childless state all this while, XuanYuan Han Cheng would have sealed her as a GuìFēi[8] long ago.

XuanYuan Han Cheng’s Empress, Xue Cai Yu was the Grand Empress Dowager Xue Shi’s niece, betrothed to him by his Imperial Grandfather before passing away. After Xue Shi’s succession, the Ministry of Personnel from the Department of State Affairs then became an ally[9]. XuanYuan Han Cheng’s Imperial Father, XuanYuan Zhao Shen was the third prince of the previous Emperor and the first-born son of previously Empress Wang who died during labour due to internal haemorrhage. After that, the previous Emperor elected the dearly adored and reputable Xue Shi in succession. Xue Shi then further risked her venerable self for the previous emperor and gave birth to the 10th prince, XuanYuan Zhao Hong. XuanYuan Zhao Hong is the previous Emperor’s old birth son[10], compared to XuanYuan Han Cheng is only a year older.