Chapter 2 - Rebirth

As XuanYuan Han Cheng woke up from his sleep, and looked at the strange yet familiar palace, he was abruptly stupefied. This was not the palace he was at before going to sleep. This is the ChangLe Palace, where he lived when he was a Crown Prince. What happened, how come he is back here once he woke up, XuanYuan Han Cheng habitually called “Yuan Fu.”

    “His Royal Highness, you are up.” Yuan Fu was already waiting outside; he immediately entered the chamber as he heard the voice of XuanYuan Han Cheng. Yuan Fu led several palace servants along to help XuanYuan Han Cheng cleanse and change outfits.

appearance looks common therefore could only be praised as delicate and pretty, and her character was honest yet inarticulate. She gave birth to two daughters for him. The first daughter passed away after birth and the second daughter was ill-prone with a weak physique. She was given a pet name, Kang Er, and is currently 3 years old, if there is no accident, when she grows up, she will be his eldest princess, Princess Kangping.

    “How is Kang Er’s health recently?” XuanYuan Han Cheng questioned to Concubine Song.

“Replying His Royal Highness, Kang Er caught a cold some time ago, and is now coughing a little. Physician Cui from the Imperial Physician Institute had come treat her and prescribed some medication. After Kang Er took some medical soup, is much better now.” Song Yi Yun heard that XuanYuan Han Cheng was worried about the condition of her daughter, was somewhat nervous as she replied, afraid that XuanYuan Han Cheng would blame her for not being attentive enough.

    XuanYuan Han Cheng nodded. “You must look after her more attentively, if there are any palace servants who are careless, you must properly punish them.” Physician Cui is a doctor who specialise in treating ill children in the Imperial Physician Institute therefore he is more assured of his medical skills.

XuanYuan Han Cheng turned towards Concubine Yu and asked: “Is your body recovering well?” Yu Qin heard XuanYuan Han Cheng’s statement of concern and excitedly replied. “This concubine’s body had already gotten better. The Crown Prince Consort sent people to gift plenty good medical herbs and even requested for the Imperial Physician to frequently help me check my pulse. This concubine…. this concubine truly could not bear this. It’s all due to this concubine’s uselessness, did not properly look after the young prince.” She said as she started to choke with emotions and an expression full of grief.

Yu Qin and Xu XueYing are both concubines who were gifted to him by his Imperial Mother after his coronation as a Crown Prince. Xu XueYing is gentle person and looks very beautiful and therefore is his favorite. Yu Qin has a lively character with a small and exquisite figure. She gave birth to a princess and a prince for him in the past and the future. Although her daughter is also had a weak physique, she cautiously grew up till 2 years old. After growing up, she will be his second princess, Princess KangLe.

    After Yu Qin gave birth to his son, he was complacent. Afterall, this is the eldest son of the Crown Prince. Unfortunately, pitifully not long later, before the child’s full moon, the child had already passed away due to cold. Looking at the current Yu Qin, whose complexion looks yellowish with a haggard expression, and then looked at Xu XueYing, who is sat beside her and intentionally expressing worry. XuanYuan Han Cheng, who already knew the truth of the matter, secretly sighs internally. How did he not see, in his previous life, Xu XueYing’s false expression of affection?

    Xu XueYing felt that the Crown Prince was attentively watching her, hasten to expose a concerned gaze towards the Crown Prince.